Wednesday, September 1, 2010

False Start/Operation New Dawn

So several months ago, I started a blog for who-knows-why. I didn't know where I wanted to go with it, only that I felt some pressure to have one. After months of it nagging me, asking, "Jessie, why don't you love me anymore?" I have decided to formulate a plan. Kinda like the one we have in Iraq right now. Pull out the combat troops and leave the peacekeepers, right? So my new strategy is to make this like a book journal. I have been straight up devouring books lately. And I rarely get to talk about them. Like in the past few months I have read the following:
1-Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood
2-Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
3-Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
4-Spells by Aprilynne Pike
5-Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
6-Fallen by Kate Lauren
7-Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
8-The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
9-The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer
10-Taken By Storm by Angela Morrison
11-Just One Wish by Janette Rallison
12-Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

So, yeah, I am not part of a book club, my husband only reads the sports page, and my children prefer The Silly Slimy Smelly Hairy Book by Babette Cole. Though, like I mentioned in my last post, I do have my 13 year old steppy Kenzie-but she isn't here nearly enough. So, from now on, I am going to share some of my favorite things about these books. Despite the fact that I didn't love them all equally, I think there is always something positive to take from each. I am no critic, I am just an avid reader, wanting entertainment, excitement (not otherwise found in my mundane life), and learning experiences. So off we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment