Friday, June 24, 2011

Inspiration and the B-word


This blog has changed. It is no longer going to be lame first of all. Second of all, I am going to write on it more than once every blue moon. And third of all, it's going to be fabulous...like this rainbow that I saw last week.

I am going to write here three times per week. Mondays = Books. Wednesdays = Blogs. Fridays = Beautiful Things. Lots of B words. That's why I changed the name of my Blog. Not because I am a B-word! (Though my family may beg to differ:).

Per the inspiration bestowed upon me by my good writing friend Peggy Eddleman (see her cute new blog at: )I am getting myself into a blogging habit. I have other bad habits, so why not this one?

So without further ado, today I am going to talk about the Idaho (Udapimp) Rainbow I witnessed last week. Every summer my family makes the 12 hour trek to our family ranch in Victor, Idaho at the base of the Teton Mountain Range. (BTW did you know Teton means nipple in French? Just sayin') I love it up there. I always have. Even though the ranch house is old and full of weasels playing peek-a-boo at 2 a.m. It's not Vegas, and its not 110 degrees. But that's only a few reasons why I love it.

So here's a few of the things I learned from this year's trip to the Idaho (Udapimp) Ranch:

30 degrees in the summer is not so Bad. When its hot enough to fry a soul in LV, its cold enough to save one in Grand Targhee National Park:
This is in June FYI.

I learned after the rain, Beautiful, Breath-taking rainbows are sometimes going to follow. The motto of this trip (coined by my often extistential little bro Jeff) was: "Get out of your comfort zone...it's the only way to grow." Wise words for a punk 19 year old who's favorite B-words include Boobs and Butt. (That's him dodging a hundred mile per hour snowball from lil' JJ).

I learned that I love to write in storms. They inspire me. Right before that rainbow, I was sitting in a little cafe in Driggs, listening to the crack of thunder, and thump of golf ball-sized rain drops, and did some of my best writing I have done in awhile.
I can't wait until next summer.

14 comments:

  1. Jessie! I love your blog! I especially love your tag line! I am totally following this NON lame blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to the B-Word! I love the rain and snow, both always provide inspiration. Also, I'm sipping bubbles as I blog this eve so I shall toast your beautiful blog!

    Have a wonderful weekend! And thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I just tried to follow but your 'Follower Box' appears to have disappeared ( blogger goblins!!) I shall pop back later to try again! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Storms are inspiring, aren't they? Especially summer rain storms in the mountains! We're 9,200 feet high this week and enjoyed some rain here last week, just not (never) enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The B word huh? I think I've called you that a few times in my life!! haha. . . that makes me laugh out loud! The ranch was classic this year- I also can't wait until next year even though the little bro won't be there to talk about boobs and butts:) We'll have to wait two more summers for that to happen again... enough rambling for now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...I miss you!! And the ranch...and your sweet family...and Idaho with snow in June!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for getting on the B-Word Bandwagon. Its great to hear from you. And thanks for being great friends. Even new ones:).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course Blair is the best B word there is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! You make me want to read more! I am also glad you know that you started to love the 30 degree weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog! I LOVE Driggs--the reason my second YA takes place there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Mom's comment for b-word. YOU inspire me in general how you just pick things up like writing and run with it!

    ReplyDelete