Friday, July 29, 2011

100 Followers Braveheart-Victory Cry

Go ahead. Click play. BUT... before you do, know this:
THIS is how I feel after the blood, sweat, and tears of "building my social platform."




Okay, so I'm a bit melodramatic. Exagerative. Perhaps even a bit ridiculous. But those of you who  have clicked that one little blue button that says "Join this site" and "followed" my blog, you are those warriors that scream along with me like raving lunatics. You know it's true. You know how hard it is to get a blog going. You know how much time it takes to build it up. You know the painful glory of even the smallest glimpse of success in a writing world full of so much rejection, blood and carnage. Too dramatic again? Sorry.

I also like this clip because it is my sole victory cry. Me and my awesome writing friend Peggy kind of started this blogging adventure together a few months ago. We have been eachother's cheerleader and co-conspirator of sorts. We both hit 100 followers yesterday, and we talked about celebrating together, but didn't know how since she lives in Utah, and I live in Hell Las Vegas. (Hey, its 110 degress here right now). So this is the best I could come up with.

Now, some of you hot shots out there with 5,000 followers must be laughing you arses--that's how William Wallace pronounces it--right off. I know what you're saying: "This chick thinks the battle is over at 100 followers? She thinks she can throw her sword in the ground, throw her little Scottish hair-braid to the side, and walk off into the horizon to have a Guiness? What a novice!" Dont worry. I'm not that stupid. (Plus, I don't drink Guiness--just Diet Coke, and you can bet your arse that I had one). I'm just grateful the learning curve is over, I have a base of good friends, and I have something to be proud of. That's all. Believe me, I know how much more work there is to do. But I am happy to do it, because I have come to find out that blogging is not just a way to "build a social platform" but also to have a positive voice in the world.

So come on...(cue dramatic music)...Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!

20 comments:

  1. I'm a doin' a little happy dance for ya :D

    CONGRATS!! You'll be huge. You've got a good thing going here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, new follower here. Congrats on your latest milestone, here's to many more.

    mood
    Moody Writing
    @mooderino

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oho, not making fun of you from over here. My husband thinks it's the funniest thing in the world to ask me at any given moment, "How many followers do you have right now?"

    And I always know.

    The exact number.

    Cheers, *clicks her soda-pop can with yours* to enthusiasm and mild neurosis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and if you haven't heard of this:

    http://rachaelharrie.blogspot.com/p/writers-platform-building-crusade.html

    I think it might interest you and your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! 100 followers is a big deal and you have every reason to celebrate! And I guess if a sacrifice must be made to drink that Guinness, I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One hundred followers is something to be proud of! I'm throwing confetti and doing the happy dance with you. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! And I like this point:

    "also to have a positive voice in the world."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally joined in on that victory cry. It freaked my kids out a little.

    And I think your blog rocks the world.

    And I love having you as my blogging adventure buddy.

    I'll raise my diet coke to you today. We'll do a virtual clink of cans.

    I love you, Jessie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on hitting 100 or er, 105 followers. I remember how exciting it was when I hit 100. I also remember a time when I posted and no one read what I wrote, so yes, you have reason to celebrate. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. Back at ya!

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. 100 Followers is totally something to celebrate, my dear! Way to go! Lift your glass of Diet Coke high and I'll give you an imaginary cheers from Utah with my own iced glass too! YUM :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everybody. You are my new bffs. Je vous adore. (I only speak French to those I love..unless I'm cursing:), But that means I adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! 100 is a big deal! Took me forever to get there. In fact, I think it just happened for us a month or two ago. So yay!!! *dances*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,

    Congratulations on 100 followers going on 8 toward 200! ;)

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on a hundred followers! I got a kick out of this post, and out of the fact you live in Vegas. When my hubby graduates next April, that's where we're moving, and it makes me happy to meet writer friends in my soon-to-be hometown.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I'm so glad to have found yours! Keep up the social networking fight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, congrats, Jessie!

    I know it's a big deal. Every follower is like a little gold nugget of love.

    Thank you so very much for following me. I have returned the favor and look forward to reading your posts in the future. Your blog is now on my roll!

    Oh, I always loved Braveheart, even though I'm over my crush on Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome job!! Who wouldn't want to read about books (especially YA!), blogs, and beautiful places? I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  17. big congrats! When's the party? :)) I'm doing the catering!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm excited for you! You have a great voice, and a fun blog with posts that make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ain't nothing wrong with a celebration to the tune of a william wallace battlecry.

    ReplyDelete