Friday, July 8, 2011

B is for Blogging Buddies

If you can't tell, this is a picture of one wall climber reaching out to help another climber. One person has the rope, climbing equipment, hooks, and gloves...and is slightly above the other. Then there is just an arm.

At the moment, in this new blogosphere I have jumped into, I feel like I am just the arm. Reaching out for someone who knows how to help. That's how life works sometimes.

We all go through learning cycles. I played tennis my whole life, so now I can teach others how to do it. I went to law school and took the bar, so now I can offer advice to law students and bar takers on how to do it successfully. I've practiced law in the Estate Planning/Probate field for the last 5 years, so now I can advise my clients on how to prepare legally for the future. But blogging! Uh...no.

That's why I so appreciate all the kind bloggers out there who offer such great words of inspiration, education and daily insight on how to do it well. One example pops to my mind at the moment. Yesterday, Kierston White (author of Paranormalcy and soon to be released Supernaturally) made a simple little post about her crit partner Natalie Whipple. Natalie had big news: receiving her big bad book contract in the mail. And Kierston was happy for her. Genuinely happy to spread the good news. I love that about the writers blog world. We all need support--a hand to reach out and help us up.

No matter where we are in our journeys, we can always reach out and help those around us. I thank all you who keep reaching out to help me up. Merci to all my Blogging Buddies...you are Beautiful.

7 comments:

  1. I feel the same way! This community of writers/bloggers is fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reaching out to help me, Jessie! I love our community, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! It's true that we need each other. To learn, to grow, to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy...YOU are the one with the rope and hooks!
    Katie-glad to be your buddy.
    Elana-thanks for coming by again. I feel so special that a book celebrity comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, this is so great! That's what life is all about isn't it? And life is so extraordinary!
    I love how you call yourself a full-blown lunatic in your profile! How fantastic to have someone in the same club as me!
    I'm so glad to meet you! Thanks for following me on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what I love about blogging--I've met so many supportive, generous writing friends. I don't know what I would do without them! Welcome to the blogging world!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog! I'm glad to meet you - I'm a new follower :) I invite you to come check out my blog sometime.

    ReplyDelete