Friday, July 15, 2011

B is for Boo Yeah, Harry Potter Hangover

That was one bad A Harry Potter movie! Especially at 12:15 am last night/this morning. Tis why I'm posting so late...I have a Harry Potter Hangover. I needed a few hours to recover today.

Like so many others in the blogosphere, I hereby salute and internet toast J.K. Rowling and all the amazing people associated with the franchise for making every part of the HP experience absolutely magical. A beautiful adventure.

So here are my questions:
1) Is anyone else super depressed it's over?
2) Did anyone else cry? (No, I'm not ashamed)
3) Will there ever be anything like it?

4 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad you liked it. One thing I learned from the whole HP adventure is that their is hope for all writers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) No. I'm not sure why... I think because I never LOVED the movies like I loved the books. When #7 -the book- came out, I was depressed it was over.
    2) Yes. Twice.
    3) Movies? Yes. Because really-- there's a lot of cool movies made all the time. Books? I'm gonna say no. Having a book series that appeals to kids, adults, boys, girls, all over the world, and in mass numbers was impossible to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too!!! (In case you didn't notice my week's worth of Harry Potter posts at The Blog Entourage!)Lol. I don't think there will be another like it for our generation. oh, crap...I bet that means in twenty years some idiot will produce some aweful remakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a little rather deflating to have HP over. And I definitely had tissues with me. My daughter was sniffling beside me too (she's 22 and grew up reading HP).

    And now it's up to us, the writers, to fill the void. LOL Thanks for following my blog, and nice to meet you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete