Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Teach Me How To Jimmer


My little bro is going on a mission today. Actually goes into the Missionary Training Center for our church in about 2 hours! It's sad because he is my best friend and we tight. So last night we were talking about being greater than others or our own low expectations of ourselves. Then we pull into the hotel parking lot and ran into Jimmer Fredette - BYU basketball star, ESPN/NCAA College player if the year, and NBA 11th overall draft pick. Coincidence? No. I don't believe in meaningless occurrences. I believe they all mean something.

And here's what I think running into Jimmer meant: you can be a 6 foot white kid and jack up half court threes and blow everyone's minds! Other people may have had low or average expectations of him...but he didn't. Whatever we are doing...serving a full-time mission, playing ball, or writing a book...we can defy all expectations and blow everyone's minds with our success!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck to your brother!! I hope he has a great time and awesome experiences on his mission. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so needed that today, Jessie. We can do this! Better than anyone expects, too!

    And yay for your brother! That's so exciting! Even if it does mean you're going to miss him. Sniff, sniff. Where's he going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a lot of wonderful people on many wonderful missions! One of my best friends will be returning next week after a two month mission.

    You have a wonderful blog! I'm very excited to be here and be inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said. I'm the baby of the fam, so all my sibs went before me. And trust me - I bawled and bawled. Esp. when my only sister went. BUT it's all for a great cause, right? BTW, I love the new look of your blog. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chantele- thanks for the well wishes.
    Peggy- sniff, bawl, sniff!
    Ashley-thanks for coming by and being inspired.
    Kim- no ur gorgeous!
    It's over...he's gone. Time to get busy with life again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a really nice guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this pic on your facebook and was in awe. So cool. We need to hang out soon-I'm needing another girl's night. btw, you can stop by my blog too if you're ever not sick of looking at blogs! :)www.melissaannemichaelson@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete