Wednesday, August 24, 2011

B is for Bragging

 
I hate to brag...and I am normally not prone to do so, but yes today I am a B-word because...I am a winner. Not like a stare in the mirror and repeat a daily affirmation to self kind of winner. But like a real winner of something really cool. I entered a bunch of contests over at WriteOnCon last week and I actually won out of hundreds of people. What did I win you ask? Drum roll please......
  A 25-page critique from author Sara Bennett Wealer author of Rivals

This is just so perfect for me because I am really into contemporary YA right now, and her's has been reviewed as one of the best. It doesn't hurt either that my work in progress also happens to be contemporary. So I know I am in good hands with the review. Plus, its 25 pages! A lot of winners got a one page critique or maybe even 15 if they are lucky. But no, not B-word Jessie! I get a ginormous twenty-five! (Said with the inflection of Will Ferrell in ELF).

So thank you WriteOnCon! And thank you Sara Bennett Wealer for donating your time. And thank you Random.org for choosing little ol' me.

Lessons learned for all you writers out there: 1) enter on-line contests--you just might win (I have won two books within the last month) 2) attend WriteOnCon again next year.

Peace.


14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your crit win! It does pay to enter on line contests--so many great things out there and you only win if you play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Congrats! Can't wait to see your stuff! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be bragging about that too. Way to go; can't wait to hear how it went! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!

    You are going to learn SO SO SO Much from her feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOHOO! CONGRATS!! That is awesome, indeed. You must have incredibly good karma or something. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Go ahead and brag girl - that is AWESOME!!!! That is truly an incredible thing to win and I am so excited for you. At first I was hesitant about entering contests and now I LOVE IT! It's great to win!
    *cheering*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah go on and brag! You're *winning* but not Charlie Sheen style, which is good.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS!! So happy for you. Well, and let's face it, a little jealous. But mostly just really excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Jessie. And thanks so much for stopping by my blog and following. I'm going to be trailing you now as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome!! I'm going to have to check out her book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA! I'm pretty sure you're allowed to be a 'B' after a win like that. Congratulation's!! That rocks!

    ReplyDelete