Friday, August 19, 2011

B is for...

The name of this famous Las Vegas advertisement (that used to be off the freeway I drove everyday, but has since been memorialized in bronze) is:
"No Ifs, Ands or..."

Since I am from Las Vegas, this is how I chose to describe this week's WriteOnCon online conference. It was AWESOME...no ifs, ands or BUTTS! It was three fully packed days of writing insight, industry advice and publishing opportunities. I wasn't able to sit on my BUTT in front of my computer for twelve+ hours a day to take it all in, but I did my fair share. I learned a ton. And the best part about it is that it's still available. All you have to do is go to the WriteOnCon website, pull up the full schedule, and click on any of the discussions or posts that you'd like. 

How about you guys? Did you attend WriteOnCon? Did you love it? Did you enter to win stuff? Is your BUTT sore?

12 comments:

  1. Okay, never mind about the WriteOnCon conference - Im still impressed with the Vegas girls ad. Did they ever make one with male show dancers too?

    Back to the conference, I didnt 'go' to it but now I just might have to check it out. Thanks for the reference

    ReplyDelete
  2. all of my writing friends have been to this Con of yours, and I'm happy that they've spend some time in useful discussions with their fellow writers learning valuable professional things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about this just the last couple days. Every one is raving about it. Wish I had time to head on over there, but with so much editing to do it will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny. I lived in Vegas for a while and SO remember that billboard everywhere, lol.

    I LOVE the people who put on writeoncon, they do an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never had the chance to check writeoncon out since sickness spread through my family this week. I didn't know they'd archived the articles. I was so disappointed that I'd missed it. I'll have to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WriteOnCon was great! I learned SO MUCH! I was green this year so I will be more prepared for next year, knowing more of what to expect, but I am so glad I did it. Such amazing opportunities even if you just learn how to make your MS better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has nothing to do with your online conference, but Kevin's dad told me that one of the "girls" in that picture is actually a guy. His dad's a dentist, and he said the guy was one of his patients. Kind of weird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily- Hah! What an interesting tid bit:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, wow. Never seen that ad before. :)

    I LOVED WOC. So much amazingness for free. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sadly, I wasn't able to attend AT ALL. Instead, I spent this week trying to cram in an entire summer's worth of activities into five days, before school starts next week. That's why it's SO COOL that it's all still there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jessie - I did attend a lot of WriteOnCon. Not all day, but certainly a good chunk. I agree, it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally missed it, but I'm glad to know I can go catch up. Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete