Turns out, I have more to be excited about than just the 100 Follower bench mark. (This is me jumping for joy on the beach...not really. Believe me, I'm not that graceful).
The goal of the award is to spotlight up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers. The rules of the award are:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all - have bloggity-blog fun!
I think this is a great idea. A very fun way to help and boost each other up. So without further ado, I would like to thank Francesca Zappia over at The Lobster Tank for presenting me with this award on her blog. And here are my 5 picks for some awesome up and coming bloggers:
1) Peggy Eddleman I like Peggy's blog because there are always cookies. Mouth watering pictures of cookies. And inspiration. Both cookies and inspiration in abundance. Plus, she is a loyal writing friend. You get her on your list of bloggy bff's and she will really be there for you.
2) LJ Writes This is a great blog because she has great writing tips and links. And she has already read 35 books this year. She has a goal of 65 books this year, and is well on her way to getting that goal. Gotta love a girl who can set goals and get them.
3) Nancy S. Thompson Check out this blog fo' sho'. Nancy is getting super involved in the blogging world. She is currently a judge for the Deana Barnhart's Gearin' Up To Get An Agent Blogfest. This week is the First 200 Words Novel Critique and Contest, but instead of being a regular participant, she's a judge!
4) Kelly Vitollo First of all, I am totally jealous of Kelly already. She lives in Southern California and she has already has an agent. Catch her on the way up.
5) Andrea Pearson Andrea is brave. I've been following her for a few months now, and she is really going for it. She has made the choice to go e-book with her debut book Key of Kilenya. She is even following in the footsteps of breakthrough e-book phenomenon Amanda Hocking, and publish her sales on-line to promote word of mouth. I wish you all the best Andrea. Go get em'.
There you have it. Now I am going to celebrate by sitting at this pool: