Wednesday, September 21, 2011

B is for Beach Cruiser

Last week I bought a totally rad bike:





Isn't it cute?! You cant see the white bubbles painted all over it in this picture, but they are so there. It has a rhinestone encrusted cup holder for my smoothies, a heart shaped bell to warn the old ladies crossing the street I'm coming, a fat seat for my fat bottom, a large white basket for my fresh baguettes ;). and deck on the back in case I need to... move furniture or something (I don't actually know what I would use that for). Oh yeah, and white wall tires. Super cool if you didn't know.

I got it so that I could ride to Starbucks every morning and get some exercise before I sit my butt down on a plush couch for two hours and write. You know, some blood pumping to get the brain working. In essence I bought this bike for my writing. A healthier, more active style of writing. Ahem, at least that's what I told my husband when I bought it. But it is totally helping.

So that is my new schedule. 6 am, throw on some flip-flops and sunglasses, throw laptop in cute basket, ride up a considerably tall hill, and write until I have to be home around 8 to start the day (flying down that considerably tall hill is so fun).

What is your writing schedule like? Do you do any quirky things before writing to get you in the mood? Light candles, listen to Enya? ;)

16 comments:

  1. Love you bike! I seriously want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your rad bike!!! Mind'es purple with a big white seat and old fashioned handle bars. It's awesome.

    I try to write in the mornings, when the kids are in school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have TOTAL bike envy. Well, and right now, flip-flop envy. We're already below freezing at night . . .

    I HAVE to be caught up on email before my brain will let me relax into writing. I WISH it wasn't that way, but it is. At the same time, I love getting caught up with online peeps, so it's also good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your bike! That is such a great idea, maybe my hubby would let me do that on Saturday mornings. Well, have fun going down that hill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that bike. I am so envious!

    I have to catch up on email, Twitter and Facebook before I can write. Some days, I'm very late starting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh. Pretty bike. I love that it's bejewelled! You are lucky to be able to cruise along in flip-flops at 6am. I ride to work (on a Mtn. Bike) at 6:30 am and now it is so dark I have to use my lights and I'm already wearing gloves again. Biking is the best, and it certainly helps to go uphill on the way there, then downhill home :) I write after work or whenever I can squeeze some alone time in. I wouldn't really say I have a schedule, just serendipity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen a bike as RAD as that one. :) I And see? Vegas isn't all bad! You aren't headed into weather too cold to continue your RAD plan.

    My RAD plan is kind of along the same lines as yours. Only without the fresh air, flying down hills, or plush couches. I wake up at 5:30 to start writing before I have to give into the rest of the day at 7:00. At 5:30, it's easy to forget that your brain works best when your blood pumps stronger to it, too. Hmm. I may have to revise my plan...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute bike! Love the gem-encrusted cup holder. Every girl needs one of those. :)

    For me, I write in the afternoon when child #3 is napping and the other two are at school.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I *heart* your bike! Yes it is totally rad and I am diggin' the writing routine. Rock on! I think I may have to use some sort of excuse like this to get myself a totally rad cruiser. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bike is TOO cute! It reeks of personality. I wouldn't mind having one like that, but I'd want it in purple or red. Or maybe stripes. ;) My writing schedule has been shaken up a little by the kids starting school again, but I'm supposed to be writing during kindergarten hours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute post! :D My writing routine usually consists of an overload of music before and during the writing session. I have playlists depending on the mood of each scene and/or character, which also helps to set the mood I want to convey in that part of story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bike!!! Adorable! My writing schedule revolves around whenever I can squeeze in the time, but after a good run is ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bike is so cute!!I Do you invision that you are in California when your riding?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so putting that bike on my Christmas list!

    I usually write in the morning, so I have to eat a bowl of cocoa pebbles while I'm writing.

    Samantha
    Writing Through College

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome bike! Oh man, I am so jealous. Especially for the cup holder!

    ReplyDelete