Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Blog Wednesday: B is for Book Boys

Today I want to a highlight a new group blog that I have recently begun stalking: For The Love of Contemporary.

Many of my followers probably already know about this blog, but I want to point out a few reasons why its rocks (in bullet points:):
  • Several of my most favorite blogging buddies contribute to it: Hello Jolene and Kaylee
  • It has practical advice: Like yesterdays post was entitled "Book Boys"-and it pointed out what makes a good male lead/love interest. You don't need to write Contemporary to appreciate this info. In my opinion, all YA should have romance, even if its just a subplot. Just sayin'.
  • Real Teen Reviews. Like Real Ice Cream Milkshakes. It always helps when they are real. 
  • Hot New Releases in Contemp YA (to stay in the game).
  • Lots of Book Giveaways
Need I say more? Nay, I shalt not speak further. So check it one time! (What's up with my switch between Old English and Ebonics???)

13 comments:

  1. Oh man, I was totally thinking about this "boy" thing yesterday. I agree - every story needs some romance. So true. I need to read yesterdays post. I love that website :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! I'll hope over and see what the fuss is all about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JESSIE YOU ROCK!!!

    next time you read a YA contemp to DIE for, let us know, we'll add you in somewhere :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) You're pretty awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those ladies are pretty great myself. I loved yesterday's post on boys. And I've already won a lovely book from them.

    Your word usage today is off the hook. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds cool - thanks for passing it along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, excellent - I shall check them out! I love finding new people to stalk, I mean follow. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It IS an awesome site, isn't it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love awesome blogs with great advice! And I also love bullet points and.... Wait. Why am I suddenly craving a real ice cream shake?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a male lead and am definitely going to go check out their last post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Headed there now; thanks for the tip. :)

    ReplyDelete