Friday, October 7, 2011

HOW to Hot Tub

Not How to Hot Tub. More like, HOW (Heart of the West RWA Conference) to the Hot Tub. Or maybe Hot Tub, then to the HOW, and then to the Hot Tub again. Like this:

Park City Hot Tub

 RWA with the girls

The Canyons Hot Tub

I will post more about what awesomeness occurred at the actual conference on Monday, but as for pre-conference awesomeness, me and couple of my writing friends (namely: Erin and Peggy) have been hanging tight (like New Kids on the Block). I flew up from Vegas and met them in a mansion/cabin in the Park City Hills and we totally bunked it out. Yes, we slept in bunk beds together like little kids. We stayed up to the wee hours of the night blogging, laughing, writing, and eating.

I don't know about you, but I don't often act so out of character. I am not in high school or college anymore. I don't have sleep overs. I have kids who have sleep overs. And babies that dont sleep! So what I'm saying is...it was nice to hang. It still is. I got a whole weekend to write, play, learn, and hang.

What are you doing this weekend? Any hot tub plans?

11 comments:

  1. No hot tub plans. The hot tub at my place, is usually full of kids. And you know kids do in water.

    Wow, it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. That is SO awesome. Totally jealous. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun! Isn't Park City beautiful? I love it there! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatev. You know you are always calling, bugging me to come and have a sleep over. But I draw the line at the toilet papering and pillow fights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you guys are having a blast!
    Looking forwards to the next post :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like great fun! It's always nice to be a kid again and have tons of laughs and stay up late. Have a blast and let us know how it was. I'm helping my daughter & family move tomorrow. Doesn't sound fun, but if I get to take care of the baby (he's 6 weeks old today), then it will be the best moving day ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is SO awesome. Every year my friend Heather and I get together for a concert. We ditch the husbands, ditch the kids, dress, and stay out half the night. It's a blast, and I hope we never stop that tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you, Jessie. Especially when you hook us up mansion- style and make me hot tub in the snow.

    (Erin-- Since when have you ever drawn the line at toilet papering?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds terrific but I guess guys don't do sleepovers. Unfortunately, no - no hot tubs this weekend nor motorcycle rides as The Sunshine State is blustery and raining. I'll keep the hot tub thought though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you had a conference in a hot tub? Why wasn't I informed? I would've sent my paparazzi to get some tabloid pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hot-tubbing at home now, but it's not nearly as exciting without my favorite group of awesome writer girls! :) It's always so fun to hang out with you amazing women. Looking forward to next time already!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you all had a fabulous time! Hopefully I'll make it next year. :)

    ReplyDelete