Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pinterest...Say What?

For the last several months I've heard this weird word going around: Pinterest. Pinterest this...and Pinterest that. What the H is Pinterest????

So I finally googled it. Therefore, the official "Pinterest" definition:

Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes. Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.

Okay, after spending some time on the sucker, I still don't get it. You have to be "invited?" By who? How long is the "waiting list?" All I know is I'm still waiting. In the mean time, I am following in the footsteps of my totally Pinteresting friend Erin, and pinning up my dream cast here. I think its a great tool to get a better feel for supporting cast. For me, I already know my protag so well that its actually hard to put a face on her. But the rest is totally fun:

Ruby Rose- My Beautiful but Deadly Protag (Alpha Heroine)

Jane Rose- Ruby's mom and hard as nails L.A. County District Attorney

Jack Rose- Ruby's dad and fallen Swat Sergeant 

John Faché- the villainous Mastermind 

Luke Slater- Ruby's love interest and sexual tension creator (Beta Hero)

Why do I feel so creepy putting this picture up? Did you catch that I changed brothers on this one? This is Chris Hemsworth (pre-Thor/pre-steroids)...not little bro Liam.  Lets just keep it in the family.

And with that...peace out. This actually took a ton of time!

19 comments:

  1. I think I am going to like the evil mastermind best. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, Hello Luke Slater! ha ha...I love your line up and your guts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Gerard Bulter? I like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear lord, those pants are way too low.. wait maybe not! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all about the villainous mastermind!!!

    I tend to do pic's of just eyes or a mouth. So, I can still see my imagination, and not the actor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who needs pintrest? This is so fun :) Love the pictures! I've searched and searched but I've never been able to find the perfect actor that matches how I see my characters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are always fun to see - the dream cast of our books! :) May have to try that one of these days too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice picks! Totally what I imagined! Except that last one. I didn't imagine him with his pants falling off.

    I bet it took a long time! Sorta why I haven't done that yet... Can I follow in your Pinterest footsteps? I don't want to do the hard work of figuring it out own my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rock! I was invited to Pinterest TODAY! All because of Erin's post yesterday - and I am currently working on my casting pics. Where did you look to find all the awesome "male" pics? And great lineup. Love your characters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I still need to do that--scoop up pics to represent my cast of characters. It's hard 'cause I can never find the "right" one.

    Anyway, I've heard of Pinterest but have never done it or even google it. Let us know if it's worth the hype. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's not as creepy as people watching can be :o|

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah, so I'm creepy for posting eye candy over at my place and bringing joy to thousands of people on a daily basis? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY GOSH--there's something wrong w/my fingers--sorry to clutter your comments section.

    THIRD TIME IS A CHARM:

    The definition of SEXUAL TENSION CREATOR: The muscley/hip-handle deals that run along the waistline of hot boy's stomachs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an attractive family! And I admit... at first I didn't understand Pinterest at all, but then I started using it and now I'm dreadfully addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love doing this. I mean, what's so awful about getting to look at pictures of Ryan Reynolds for a few hours?

    Samantha
    3r09Writing Through College

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had no idea - thanks for the cultural update. And the mom in me wants to tell Chris to pull his pants up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love creating dream casts for my books. But I'm afraid of Pinterest-- I don't want to get sucked in. :)

    ReplyDelete