I was in my office for all this "news" when Peggy kept calling me with a barrage of amazing events. There were only two other people in the world that I was allowed to discuss the "news" with, and neither of them were answering the dang phone! So I seriously got up from my very serious lawyer desk, turned up the volume on some Black Eyed Peas, and did a little happy dance for my girl Peggy.
I am grateful for this "news" for the following bullet pointed reasons:
- Peggy is an amazing friend and she deserves success.
- She is paving the way for some of us other "coattailers" who can glean from her experience and hard work.
- It means that this whole "traditional publishing" thing can still work.
- It means that dreams really do come true.
- It means that patience is an attribute I really aught to figure out--Peggy was the most patient writer, and took years to perfect her craft, before she jumped into querying so when she got there, it was amazingly quick.
WAY TO GO PEGGY!