Monday, November 21, 2011

I Am Thankful For...

Last week my awesome writing bestie Peggy Eddleman called me with some exciting news. News that her dreams were coming true. News that she had recieved an offer on her book from Random House. News that the editor wanting to work with her was Shana Corey, and they were meant for each other (in a non-lesbian way). News that she was getting a "very nice" deal for her Middle Grade book THROUGH THE BOMB'S BREATH.

I was in my office for all this "news" when Peggy kept calling me with a barrage of amazing events. There were only two other people in the world that I was allowed to discuss the "news" with, and neither of them were answering the dang phone! So I seriously got up from my very serious lawyer desk, turned up the volume on some Black Eyed Peas, and did a little happy dance for my girl Peggy.

I am grateful for this "news" for the following bullet pointed reasons:
  • Peggy is an amazing friend and she deserves success.
  • She is paving the way for some of us other "coattailers" who can glean from her experience and hard work.
  • It means that this whole "traditional publishing" thing can still work.
  • It means that dreams really do come true.
  • It means that patience is an attribute I really aught to figure out--Peggy was the most patient writer, and took years to perfect her craft, before she jumped into querying so when she got there, it was amazingly quick.
I am thankful for Thanksgiving as well this week, because I am going to be revising my brains out.

WAY TO GO PEGGY!

23 comments:

  1. Go Peggy! I'm so psyched for her! She's going to rock the publishing world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for Peggy, news like this makes me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful right there with you. This is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! Thanks, Jessie! And thanks for doing a happy dance for me. :) You rock, girl.

    Have fun revising your brains out! And eating turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for her! And it gives us writers still in the trenches hope for what can be.

    Have a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so awesome for Peggy! Hard work definitely pays off :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited for Peggy! And I think you're such a great friend to do a happy dance for her. It's true that there are a lot of things to be happy and grateful about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your listed bullet points. You must be very organized. And I'm starting to figure out that a few of you writer gals must be real-life friends too. That's fantastic! Yay for Peggy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! And congrats to Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome news for Peggy. And have a productive week editing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read her post today. How exciting for Peggy! Stories like hers inspire me to keep on going.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It awesome see that Peggy has such awesome friends backing her up! I am SO EXCITED for her, and I thought the same thing... it was AMAzINGLY QUICK! And I'm glad to know it has to do with patience. I think that is so important, but so hard for me. I am working on it tho. CONGRATS PEGGY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha ha.. now I feel super bad for not being able to pick up the phone! Ugh. Sorry. Call me. I swear, I'll pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so happy :D
    Peggy is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for Peggy! Such fantastic news!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to go, Peggy! I'm so buying your book when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy for Peggy! It's so encouraging to see others reach their dreams.

    Good luck with your revisions, and enjoy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've read the blurb on the book and it sounds amazing! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cool news! Way to go, Peggy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hooray for Peggy! I totally missed all the happy news since I've been hiding in my writing cave. I better go visit her now...

    Btw, Happy Thanksgiving! <3

    ReplyDelete