Monday, November 14, 2011

NaNo = Blog Crickets?

Do you hear that sound all across the blogosphere? The distant hum of crickets in the night? Well, I do. And its only getting louder.

The more I get into National Novel Writing Month (NaNo)...or Revising Month for my crew, the louder the crickets get. Every spare second I get I have to use for revising right now. We have such lofty goals set, and such serious revisers, that I can't let myself or my group down. We are almost half way through November now, Day 14 of NaNoReviMo, and I have fallen seriously behind. My fellow NaNo'er E.R. King at Get Busy Writing seriously wrote over 11,111 words in one day per our 11-11-11 challenge. And my writing bestie Erin at the Summerill Surf wrote nearly that much as well. How can I compete with that?

So sorry for the crickets. I havent read any books all the way through lately. I havent been following any new blogs to highlight in a while. Maybe December I will get to all of it!

Are you hearing the crickets too?

21 comments:

  1. yes, I can't say anymore becasue I need to go write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crickets and tumbleweeds...

    Gotta write! Good luck to you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear the crickets! They are driving me crazy. Totally cheering on my NaNo friends, but I'll be so happy when they're back in the blogosphere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear them too! And I'm with everyone else, I've had hardly any time to check out blogs lately (until today, of course). I love NaNo, and it's so fun, I can't wait to get back to my wip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely should be hearing more. Darn procrastination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear the crickets, and the soft tapping of keyboards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crickets are music to my ears! Thanks for the shout out. I took Saturday off because I couldn't stare at the computer screen any longer. Now I'm back at it. You're doing awesome as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. does quantity of writing during NANOWRIMO bring quality too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear crickets too, but mine keep chanting, "You're behind, you're behind." D&%^ crickets!!! I wish I could find them and kill them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Dez-I would venture to say NO! But some might argue that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just do what you can Jessie. We're all here to support you, not critisize :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tons of crickets. I had to force myself to write a blog post today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always dead in November. I didn't mind it too much last year when I was doing NaNo, this year I'm revising and desperate for some distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jess-arella, you can do it! come on. get back on the wagon. It will be awesome when we're done and we're like 50k that's nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. To me? It's not about what others are doing. Look at your road. If I don't make my goals for nanorevimo, it's okay. I can go into December. No pressure. Unless you need it and work better that way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. No apologizing for blog crickets when the reason for them is that your writing:)They only way I keep up with my blog is to schedule ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hear them. I finally logged back into the blogging world today and am already crushed with guilt for taking time away from writing. I stayed up all night last night and set my record of 8,226 words in a day. Of course my days and nights are all messed up and I am no fun to be around

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nano month on the writing blogosphere is a funny thing . . .

    I ALWAYS get three posts up a week. ALWAYS. Until last week . . .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely crickets here, so many lovely writers busily tapping away at their manuscripts. Its quiet but its a nice kinda peaceful quiet.

    Hope your 'nano-ing' is going well and thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog! Really lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am new to all this but I can see that Nano is a really big deal

    ReplyDelete