Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NaNo Wrap Up & Low Down





I always loved this quote. I heard it once and it stuck in my mind forever. It seems like the perfect motivation for trying your best. Until I saw this:


Oh really?! Is that true Dwight? Or did you make that up like the Shrute Farm Massacre was the largest loss of lives on American soil in US history? I don't have time to google it to find out...but I'm going to vote your full of crap. 

Just like kids need to believe in Santa Claus, or adults need to believe in lotteries, I am going to believe if I dang-well shoot for the moon, I am going to pass a few stars along the way! For NaNoReviMo, I set some pretty lofty moon-goals. Did I make it to the moon?

Uh...no! Not even close. In fact I feel 93 billion miles away from the moon actually. BUT, I worked my BUTT off! I pushed myself, I dragged myself, my NaNo buddies put me on their back and carried me some of the way. I turned my zero draft into my first draft, and then into my second draft. I now have it out with some critique partners. I know I still have a lot to do, but I swear I got done three times as much in November than I would have without NaNo. So I would officially like to thank all you NaNo buddies out there...you are the stars that I have fell among.

So take that Dwight! 


17 comments:

  1. LOL. What on earth is on Dwight's plate? I feel the same way. I didn't accomplish everything I wanted, but OH MY did I push myself. And our ReviMo buddies are totally what did it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some kind of Jello mold ...

    You've accomplished a lot this month, so that's excellent and commendable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one should ever listen to Dwight. You're right. It's all about effort. If you tried your darnedest then you have nothing to be ashamed of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Dwight. He's my hero. Besides his advice I guess. Even thought it's hilarious! ;) I think you did awesome this month. Great job.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! Love that show. :) And you did a fabulous job! You should sit down and dig in to that jello with Dwight. You deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehee! I loved this post a lot. You really rocked this month! Don't you wish one of your critique partners would just hurry the heck up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My word, Jessie! It sounds like you reached the moon to me! That is awesome. I'm excited that you got so much done! Yay for NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I know why I have back ache! ;o)
    He's right about the stars, BUT, it just means that you will get there eventually as you don't slow down in space.
    It was great fun wasn't it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go on kicking butt on your goals. And the Schrute Farms Massacre was pretty funny last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You get to define your own moon. I would say a polished third draft is pretty moony to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the quote and the pictures. And your attitude is great. Glad you got so much done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I fell short too. I think I'm floating around somewhere above the atmosphere with all the broken satellites and space flotsam and jetsam :) But at least I'm not on earth. Thanks for the pep talk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for Nano and well done you for getting so much done.

    Love the quote and the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just totally laughed through that whole thing! You are too cool for words :) I think if you pushed yourself in November you did well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is absolutely awesome. I just love reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahaha - I thought I was the ONLY person left who still watched The Office after Michael left. :) Congrats meeting your NaNoReviMo goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, that's terrible. I go with your line of thinking all the way. Congratulations on progress made!

    ReplyDelete