I am no different. So I ask myself, "Self. What kind of Blogger do you want to be when you grow up?"
And honestly, I haven't been able to answer back just yet.
I look around at all the awesome bloggers I know, and analyze why I love about each: (bring out the bullet points)
- Peggy Eddleman-Peggy is so good at practical stuff. She posts about queries, and agents, and revising, and all sorts of helpful writing helps. She has her finger on the pulse of the writing world. She does surveys, enlightening us all on how others do things. She knows the publishing industry is and generous enough to share her knowledge with all of us. Plus she has awesome hand drawn illustrations.
- Erin Summerill- Erin is probably the most hilarious person I know. I look forward to every single one of her posts because she has so much voice. Not only does she entertain, but the girl reads a book a day and is basically an encyclopedia on what is hot and what is not. And because she is the official photographer at a bunch of conferences, she has the hookups when it comes to hanging with agents and editors.
- Elana Johnson- Okay, we all know how rad Elana's blog is. I mean, I have been flat out studying her blog for over a year like I was getting credit for Creative Writing 101. She has a library sized volume of posts on writing, querying, and pretty much everything else associated with the publishing industry. And she is honest, and I love that.
- Chantele Sedgwick-Otherwise known under the blog title, "My Writing Bug," is one of the sweetest people I have met in the blogosphere. She reviews books, gives writing advice, does a bunch of interviews, and shares all sorts of interesting things. I think one of the reasons why I keep going back to her blog is because she is loyal. If you comment on her blog, she is going to comment on yours. Not only that, but she is going to help you any other way she can. Honestly, she asks questions like, "What can I do for you?" I've taken her up on that, and she totally helped me.
- David Powers King- I think I have a blog crush on David. Now before you go thinking all your scandalous blogging thoughts--I don't mean it in a weird, cheat on my husband kind of way. I have never even met David. What I mean, is that he cracks me up. He has the funniest tag lines, stories, and way of approaching writing. He is an InkPageant moderator, an excellent flash fiction writer for blog contests and hops, and he gives stuff away. He gives away books, critiques, and amazon gifts cards and such. So basically he puts himself out there in a million kind of ways that make you want to be friends with him. He is a pimp in the blogging world...in a good way.
There are so many other bloggers that I adore, but I have no more time to spend on this post. So basically, everyone has a niche, a theme, a strength. Whether its being helpful, entertaining, educational, sweet, or awesome. (Respectively). So what's my schtick? Being a B-Word? I'll let you know when I figure it out.
So, given the opportunity to self-reflect, what kind of Blogger are you?