Wednesday, January 4, 2012

B is for Better

2011 was a'yite. Not fabulous, not extraordinary...not totally bad. Just a'yite.

See I always thought that 2011 was going to be my year. I was born on the 11th. My sister too. It seemed like a good enough reason to make it my lucky number. But no. As I revisited and reflected on my 2011 goals I set one year ago...I hung my head. 12%. I achieved 3 out of 25 of my goals! Suck a duck.

I am still not totally sure how I feel about such dismal results, but I know I need to move forward.

I can do better. I have been inspired by all of you who have high hopes, bright enthusiasm, and faith in the future.

So here are some of my 2012 Goals:
  • Write more like Ally Carter. (She is definitely my favorite author of 2011)
  • Get an agent like Ally Carter (Kristin Nelson is high on my wish list...but not as high as Sara Crowe:).
  • Finish current round of revisions with my CP by Jan. 31
  • Make it polished like a baby's butt by March 1. (That would be nice if I only had a few more rounds of revisions left). 
  • Attend a few conferences
  • Go to Europe. (That has nothing to do with writing, I realize. But its still on there). I used to live in France before I bore my litter, and haven't been back in 10 years.
  • Start querying by March 31???
  • ENJOY the Journey!
2012 will be BETTER!!! Dontcha think?

19 comments:

  1. Haha. Suck a duck :) LOVE that!

    2012 WILL be much better. I feel it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ally Carter is one of my favorite YA authors. I read all of her books. Good luck to querying by March! I hope this is your year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! You lost me at "suck a duck!" HAHAHA!

    Actually - your resolutions this year are fabulous! Wishing you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY hope 2012 is better than 2011. :P And I LOVE Ally Carter. Love. She's one of my favorite YA authors. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah! "Suck a duck." I love it.

    Best of luck with your 2012 goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think blogger Erin Summerill said she was going to Europe too, are you going together? Good luck with the rest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how specific your goals are. Hope you achieve each one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great list. Wish I could go to Europe this year. I'd love to watch either the French Open or maybe Wimbledon in person. That would be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessie--you are too funny :) I'm keeping all my ducks away from you. You know I think 12% is better than 0%. Embrace every percent you gain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2012 is our year, right? Or it's the year the world will end.

    Good luck on your goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great goals. I'm wanting to move forward too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ambitious goals, just as it should be. Here's hoping you have a fun and productive 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanted a list of your LAST YEAR'S goals! Because I'm guessing that the three you got were the really hard, time-consuming ones. And they should have more weight than the easier ones.

    But I really love your 2012 goals. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always purposely set very few goals so I have a better chance of achieving them all! I totally cheat! LOL. Great post. Good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You used to live in France? *dying of envy here* I've always wanted to go there, or to any European cities really just to see the art and architecture (yeah, I'm a nerd like that).

    Anyway, I love how you set such specific goals for yourself. I'm not nearly as organized as you. Good luck and may 2012 BE the year for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. It will be fun to follow you on your journey. I have several goals that are within weeks of those you posted. Crazy! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 2011 was just a warm up. 2012 ia YOUR YEAR!

    Good luck :)

    Samantha
    Writing Through College

    ReplyDelete
  18. Of course 2012 will be incredible! Of course. Best of luck with you worthy goals:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. When you go to Europe, I think you should take me with you! I still haven't been there at all.

    ReplyDelete