See I always thought that 2011 was going to be my year. I was born on the 11th. My sister too. It seemed like a good enough reason to make it my lucky number. But no. As I revisited and reflected on my 2011 goals I set one year ago...I hung my head. 12%. I achieved 3 out of 25 of my goals! Suck a duck.
I am still not totally sure how I feel about such dismal results, but I know I need to move forward.
I can do better. I have been inspired by all of you who have high hopes, bright enthusiasm, and faith in the future.
So here are some of my 2012 Goals:
- Write more like Ally Carter. (She is definitely my favorite author of 2011)
- Get an agent like Ally Carter (Kristin Nelson is high on my wish list...but not as high as Sara Crowe:).
- Finish current round of revisions with my CP by Jan. 31
- Make it polished like a baby's butt by March 1. (That would be nice if I only had a few more rounds of revisions left).
- Attend a few conferences
- Go to Europe. (That has nothing to do with writing, I realize. But its still on there). I used to live in France before I bore my litter, and haven't been back in 10 years.
- Start querying by March 31???
- ENJOY the Journey!