My author crush is Ally Carter.
- In Miss Carter's world, the sky is not the limit. There is no limit. The unimaginable is not only plausible, it's convincing.
- Every character is interesting. There are not too many superfluous characters in her books. Everyone has a place, a mystery, a unique angle. From accents to swagger, from family history to profession, from disguise to raw truth.
- She leaves you wanting more. Not just at the end of the book, but at the end of each chapter and the end of each scene. Not in an annoying cliff hanger sense, but in a bigger picture sense. I want more mysteries revealed, I want more exotic locations to travel to, I want more personal chemistry building.
- Twists! Oh my H-word, the twists. Miss Carter can nail a twist. I love to be surprised. I love the "aha moments." I love the unveiling of a secret. I love the spontaneous. Reading one of her books is like going on an adventure.
- France. Miss Carter must be equally obsessed with France as I am. As I mentioned in previous posts, I lived in France (all over France, from Bordeaux to Tours, Nantes to Paris) and I adore the place. She hits France more than a few times, and I mark each trip like one of my own. She takes me there!
- I could go on and on, but the bar tender should cut me off. "No more bullet points for you! Time to call a taxi Miss."