Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The B-Word Says Au Revoir (Goodbye in French)

The dream is coming true! Mr. Humphries is taking me to Paris!


No! I am not talking about the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas...just down the street from me! I am talking about the real one. The one in France!



Have you noticed the superfulous amount of exlamation marks in this post so far?!? I can't help it. My fingers keep finding that key on my keyboard. And my heart keeps fluttering everytime I think of being there. And my mind gets dizzy with anxious anticipation. Especially at the thought of sitting at a sidewalk cafe with my laptop for hours on end, writing my little heart out, like all of the famous writers have done before me.

We are also going to be spending some time in London, visiting my best friend from college.

She is letting us stay at her sister's "Estate House" ten minutes north of Kings Cross Station (where the famous Harry Potter Hogwarts Platform is located). London pubs here we come!

So please forgive me if I am not regular with my Mon, Wed, Fri posts for the next little while. I might have too many baguettes in my hands, or too much chocolat in my system to get a proper post out.

So I am off on my mid-life crisis adventure! A bientot (French for see you soon)!

26 comments:

  1. I am SO jealous. I loved Paris!! You will too, I guarantee it! Take lots of pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!! Have so much fun, I hope it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you will be there for Valentines Day? My wife and I will also be waking up in a Paris hotel on Valentines... albeit with two children, the day after taking them to Disneyland, but still counts!

    We all went last summer too. Quick tip, don't buy a hotdog from any stands around the Eiffel Tower, unless you want to blow all your spare euros on microwaved cardboard. Apart from that, c'est fantastique! Bon voyage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! have an awesome time and eat some pain au raisin and macarons for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, lucky!! I'm jealous. :) Have fun, take lots of pictures, and eat lots of good food. Au revoir!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Avoir un grand temps dans la ville des lumières! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still so jealous! Have fun!! And bring me back a Paris snow-globe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! That is so awesome! I hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love London - it's just such a cool city and you can go do so many day trips from there. Hope you have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a fabulous trip!!! It's going to be all kinds of wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. bon voyage!
    convince me why i should want to go with your pis & words when you get back =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Make sure you go to Kings Cross Station. They have half a baggage trolly sticking out of the wall :o)
    Also, if you get a spare moment, give me a mail. It'd be interesting to see if we could catch up for a drink.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What an extraordinary experience you will have. Take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! My wip is set in Paris so I am soooo jealous! you'll have a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so excited for you. Eat a croissant for me :) (yes, I did have to spell check croissant!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely weblog. I’ll surely be back. Please hold writing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so excited for you!! I hope you have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pleased for you. Have a wonderful time and give my regards to the wonderful city of Paris. Oh, and take lots of pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. just saw this and thought of you!
    http://www.sfgirlbybay.com/2012/02/09/in-my-dreams-i-live-here-paris/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enjoy! We are living vicariously through you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so freaking excited for you, I can hardly stand it! I hope you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That sounds amazing! These are some beautiful photographs. London is definitely one of my favorite cities that I have visited out of all the areas that I have traveled to. Hope you have a blast!

    Also, great blog you have! I'm glad I stopped by. :)

    ~TRA

    The Red Angel Blog

    ReplyDelete