Monday, March 12, 2012

I Am Not An Award Snob

So, in the past, I've never carried on any of the blog awards that people have so generously bestowed upon me. I know, I know, that makes me sound like a total award snob. Or worse. I've tried to give thanks to those who were kind enough to think of me, but beyond that I haven't really participated in the various blog awards that go around these blogging circles.

Theory #1: I really am a big ol' B-Word.

Suspicion #2: I haven't really received all that many awards to begin with.

Allegation #3: I don't really like telling people inconsequential details about myself in memes, because who cares about my personal tastes and ideas anyway?

Truth be told, it's probably a mix of all three.

But today is a new day. Thanks to Katie Dodge and Angela Cothran, who have awarded me the Sunshine Award, I am breaking new ground.



I am going to participate. Without further ado:

Favorite Color?
Yellow. I love how bright and exciting it is. Plus, I am a yellow according the personality test in the book called THE COLOR CODE.  "All roads lead to the beach."
Favorite Animal?
Definitely not dogs at the moment. My dang puppy won't stop pooping on my carpet!!!
Favorite Number?
I always thought it was 11. But that has never actually worked on the Roulette table for me, so number 11, you are dead to me!
Favorite (non-alcoholic) drink?
That's too easy. I am a total Diet Coke addict. Just hook me up to an DC-IV already!
Facebook or Twitter? 
I don't care for either much. But I at least understand Facebook, so whatev FB.
My passion? 
Travel. I want to go on vacation every weekend of my life.
Getting or Giving presents?
Depends on what it is. I know that sounds bad, but if it's a DC-IV, I am pretty sure only me or Erin Summerill would want that :).
Favorite pattern? 
Stripes. They are slimming.
Favorite day of the week?
Saturday--play day.
Favorite flower? 
Yellow rose. 


There you have it. Some ridiculous crap you didn't know about me!


Thanks Angela and Katie. You are two of the most AMAZING writing friends I know.



25 comments:

  1. I don't always pass on my awards, either. I guess I'm a b-word, too. : )

    I'm a Diet Coke addict as well. Lately all I drink is caffeine free. I miss the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love knowing things about you because we're snoops, er, your friends who care about you. Hee!

    I love to travel, too. Well, actually it's not the traveling per se, but the destination! Yeah, I'm not much for being cramped in an airplane (or car) seat, but I do love to see other places. If only someone would invent a portal, or I guess I can have Scotty "beam me up". :)

    Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm bad about passing awards along because of the links that usually have to be done. So laziness is my problem.

    Can I have a coffee IV? And I love yellow roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least we got to learn more about you. That's what counts. I also love travel. One of these days I'll get a Visa and go somewhere abroad. One of these days ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I save mine up and take them all on at once. It's much easier that way. :)

    Hah! I love that the number 11 is dead to you. Congratulations on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good for you =) dont you feel better getting all that posted?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't pass on awards either. Not that I get too many. So don't feel badd. We may get a puppy soon. You've got me worried.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a b-word, too. Does that mean I can join the club? Our dues go to purchase more Diet Coke, right? Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You crack me up! And yellow? For real? Why, when there's RED? Now that's a color, baby. Also, I think it's stinking funny that I mentioned you today in my post. ha ha. Great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My house and almost the entire first floor of my house are different shades of yellow. It's such a happy color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jessie,

    My dad's name is spelled the exact same way. I'm really bad about awards. It's pretty sad. I see you played tennis. I ran track and travelled a lot. I love to go to new places and see different cultures.

    I went to USU and lived in San Diego for awhile. Oh, I love diet coke, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. MY favorite flower is a yellow rose! Crazy!

    Thanks for 'turning a new leaf'. I like learning things about our blog friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to travel LOTS but have all kinds of commitments right now that prevent it. And I love roses of all colors - great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I be a b-word, too?

    I'm terrible about giving back, but love sharing weird stuff about me..... I must have been dropped as a child....(see what I mean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Jessie! So nice to meet you :) Glad to read some random facts about you, too, haha. Saturday is definitely the best day of the week, hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never been great at passing on awards either but I'm glad you did this, now I know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I rarely pass on awards but it's usually because I forget. I get terribly excited that someone's given me an award - and that's it.

    Love the random facts. I feel the same about travel. I could do it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! I always knew we were one in the same! Yellow is my absolute favorite color and I LOVE yellow roses! They're the best. You're so awesome and we totally care about your funny random facts and opinions :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your award! I feel the same way about the sharing part. Does anyone really care?! Although, it's fun to compare similarities with other bloggers out there. I just received the same award and was stuck on all the simple questions. I have no idea what my favorite # is!?! lol. Your answer to fav animal cracked me up though. Thanks for sharing Jessie!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the random facts fun. And I scrolled down a bit and see I have missed out lately. I hear you on the hibernating bear--my writing passion has been AWOL for awhile with no resurgence in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah, I'm not so into the awards either. I call them fluff and use them as filler when I am blog-weary or too busy to post anything else. They're meant to be fun and to help get people to know you better. I'm glad you finally found one worthy of you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Diet coke addicts unite! They laugh at me at work, I end up with multiple empty cans on my desk because I don't take the time to take the empties to the recycle bin...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm not great at passing on awards, usually because I have other stuff planned to post about and then I'm embarrassed by how much time has gone by. I love getting them though, and am going to be making a real effort.

    And a DC-IV sounds pretty cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing some about yourself, Jessie! I love travel too, and wish I could do it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so glad you played along! :) I love yellow and I would travel every weekend if I could too. Oh, the places I would go...

    ReplyDelete