Monday, March 19, 2012

Wanna Read An Awesome Thriller?

Well, you're in luck! (Cue cheesy used car salesman music).

I'm Jessie Humphries, a.k.a. the B-Word, and boy-oh-boy do I have a deal for you. Come on down to the corner of Hook Street and Deliver Boulevard in good ol' Las Vegas, Nevada where the book of your dreams is waiting for you. We will double your tax refund for your down payment, throw in 0% financing, and have you driving home with your shiny new thriller before you can say, "Jessie, you need medication!"

We'll even give you a free test drive! Here's the blurb:

When twenty-three-year-old Courtney Beckham is abducted near her home, the search turns up more than just a kidnapping crime. FBI agent Jason Edwards investigates the ten-million-dollar ransom and stumbles upon something he wasn't meant to find. And when Courtney catches a glimpse of the caller ID in her kidnapper's home, what she sees turns her world upside down.

Today is my day to highlight and review Rachelle Christensen's new thriller:


The book came out just this month, and I was totally honored when I was asked to participate in the blog tour. Especially since I loved Rachelle's first (award winning) thriller WRONG NUMBER. Plus, Rachelle is one of the nicest people I've ever met. Seriously, if you ever get the chance to meet her, or attend one of her presentations at a conference, you will be glad you did. She is lovely.

Okay, let's get down the nitty gritty, El Guapo-style. I know a book is good when I am reading it in the bath at 2 a.m., and the freezing cold water (and my husband) is screaming at me to get the hell out!

I liked this book for so many reasons that I am forced to bullet point this one out!
  • Short chapters! Please authors of the world, do this! For me. For you. For the pacing health of all mankind. It makes me feel like I am getting somewhere. It makes me feel like there is reason to go on.
  • Sexy male leads and hot bodies! Come on, I know there is not always a reason in real life for hot men to take their shirts off. But this is fiction! Take their shirts off. Well done Rachelle. There was sufficient topless moments for the hunky FBI Agent Jason Edwards. Not overdone in a werewolf kind of way, or a erotic kind of way, just some good clean gawking fun.
  • Cliffhangers. I'm sorry but I need them like I need Diet Coke. I'm like a stupid mouse smelling the Coke-flavored-cheese--I will go into that trap to get it. Rachelle did an awesome job of luring me along the winding path.
I could go on and on...but I won't. So go buy it already! HERE or HERE. Click here to see the book trailer. And if you visit Rachelle's websiteand click on her blog link, you can enter her contest for a new Ultra Flip Video Camcorder (4GB memory, Records 120 minutes Value $149.99) and other great prizes. You can enter to win between now and April 14, 2012. Winners will be announced and notified April 16, 2012.

P.S. You can still enter my Fandango Bucks giveaway. Scroll down one post to check it one time.

    23 comments:

    1. Love that bathtub - been there :) Thanks for the book tip. And I agree with the short chapters!!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. This sounds great. Having recently changed genres (again) in my writing, I'm looking for some new Crime and thriller names :-)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love your profile blurb, you sound like my kinda lady. Nice review of the thriller, you definitely have style!

      ReplyDelete
    4. that was a thrilling review! i will totally ask you on my book tour...

      ReplyDelete
    5. This sounds awesome :) And short chapters...I need to work on that!

      ReplyDelete
    6. You're so stinkin' awesome! I just love it. And the book - oh the book! Definitely a must read. Gotta get me some of dat!

      And... I heard you were considering joining us this past weekend for the dinner. SO WISH YOU COULD HAVE! Ah! One day I will finally get to meet you in person tho. I know it!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Hooray! I'm so glad that Rachelle's book is on your blog. It's pretty freaking awesome and I'm excited to get a chance to review it next month. Also, come hang in Utah. I got a place you can stay...hint hint.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Your bullet points were the bomb! You should go into the book selling business, girl!

      ReplyDelete
    9. ^ I agree with what Peggy said. You should be an agent, or be in book marketing. Your enthusiasm is infectious. ;D

      ReplyDelete
    10. "Jessie, you need medication!" Hah! This is why I love coming here. :)

      ReplyDelete
    11. Sounds like a thrilling book! Guys with their shirts off? I'm there.

      ReplyDelete
    12. This book is on my to read list. Can't wait!

      ReplyDelete
    13. Oh man this sounds like just what I need. I've been dying for a good thriller. Thanks for the review Jessie.

      ReplyDelete
    14. I do love a good thriller with cliffhangers. Thank you so much for the review!

      ReplyDelete
    15. Me! I totally want to read an awesome thriller. There just aren't enough of them out there. Thanks for telling me about this one.

      ReplyDelete
    16. Wow. I'm TOTALLY giving you my book to review if I ever get one published. You sold me! :)

      ReplyDelete
    17. Thank you SOOOO much for reviewing this book. As a writer of thrillers, I am always on the lookout for a great one to read. Both her books are now on my TBR list! Maybe I can get you to review mine this fall?? :D

      ReplyDelete
    18. she writes a good, intense, read.

      ReplyDelete
    19. Hey Jessie,

      Missed you on the blog O'hop, but glad I stopped by... this sounds like a great deal (although car sales are *not* in your future:)

      ReplyDelete
    20. What a great review. I want to read this immediately. I am with you on the short chapters (maybe it just means we have the attention span of a knat?!) and topless hot men ... yay! Love your blog - new follower and thanks for following me :)

      ReplyDelete
    21. I hear ya on the short chapters! This book sound awesome. I'm adding it to my list right now.

      ReplyDelete
    22. Love the review! That's awesome you were up so late finishing it. :) You know that's a good book.

      ReplyDelete