Sunday, May 13, 2012

Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ!



A smile. An encouraging word. A thoughtful gesture. 


Each day people interact with us, help, and make our day a bit brighter and full. This is especially true in the Writing Community


Take a second to think about writers you know, like the critique partner who works with you to improve your manuscript. The writing friend who listens, supports and keeps you strong when times are tough. The author who generously offers council, advice and inspiration when asked.


So many people take the time to make us feel special, don't they? They comment on our blogs, re-tweet our posts, chat with us on forums and wish us Happy Birthday on Facebook.

Kindness ROCKS!


To commemorate the release of their book The Emotion Thesaurus, Becca and Angela at The Bookshelf Muse are hosting a TITANIC Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ. And because I think KINDNESS is contagious, I'm participating too!


I have decided to BLITZ someone so EPIC that I am putting myself at risk of becoming redundant, since this person has touched the lives of so many in our writing community. But let's make this interesting. Let's see if you can guess who my BLITZee is by the following bullet point descriptors:
(Try really hard not to scroll down...I am watching you!) 

  • She's honest, candid, and generous to her thousands of followers
  • She loves bacon
  • She's tenacious, and driven- nothing can stop this chick
  • She's a debut author (sort of...since she also has an e-book that EVERY aspiring writer should read)
  • She's been on the scene for years at writing conferences--as an attendee, a presenter, a volunteer, and co-organizer of one super rad on-line conference.
  • She's fiercely loyal and protective of her friends and colleagues
  • She's got a softer heart than the rebel blue streak in her hair makes her look
  • She must be working on 4 hours of a sleep a night because she has some serious balls in the air (like a juggler, but not a male juggler ;). Get your head out the gutter people!
  • She is my hero. Or heroine, I should say.
Drum roll, please.......




I know that I am not alone in my adoration of Elana, but I wanted to very specifically thank her for all her hard work at the Storymakers conference last week. She went out of her way to help and support me in what I am now calling, "The Agent-Pitch Debacle of 2012." :). Thanks Elana! 


So in appreciation of all Elana does, I hereby bestow upon her a Fandango (movie) gift card. (Which will be emailed shortly). 


Do you know someone special that you'd like to randomly acknowledge? Don't be shy--come join us and celebrate! Send them an email, give them a shout out, or show your appreciation in another way. Kindness makes the world go round. :)
Becca and Angela have a special RAOK gift waiting for you as well, so hop on over to The Bookshelf Muse to pick it up.


Have you ever participated in or been the recipient of a Random Act Of Kindness?  Let me know in the comments!

17 comments:

  1. Great choice! Elana is full of awesome! Have fun at the movies. *waves*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had it at bacon. I've been adoring Elana from afar. Maybe at the next conference I'll get the guts to introduce myself. :)

    That debacle was crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great choice. She's given a lot back to the writing community. Yay Elana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, as soon as you said "bacon" I knew it was Elana! She is an absolutely amazing, generous, kind, wonderful person. Great choice. Love you Elana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elana is an excellent choice! Thanks for spreading the love, Jessie!

    Becca @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elana loves bacon? I knew I liked that girl!

    Great choice, Jessie. Elana is amazing! You're not to shabby either, girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Elana is amazing!!! Love her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know Elana, so I will have to check out her site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome choice. I knew it was her when you mentioned the bacon. Lucky you that you got to meet her in person. I'd so love to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Be redundant all you want! Elana deserves all the praise in the world. That lady is INCREDIBLE! I heart her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great clues, Jessie! :) I'm so jealous you got to meet Elana in person!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very cool. I guessed who it was on the first hint and it was confirmed with the second hint ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo! Elana is another hero of mine (and she already knows it). Excellent choice, Jessie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm loving all these RAOK posts! I need to do one of my own. I could never have gotten through some of this writing journey without the help and kindness of those around me!

    And Elana really is awesome. As are you! Thanks for always giving me a laugh on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elana contributes to the writing community in such a huge and generous way. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha, I totally guessed it at the ebook! Elana RULES, and I'm so happy she got a RAOK!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! I know I'm lame and am just now commenting, but I do appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete