Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Inspiration: 11

Not so long ago, I wrote a blog post about a little problem I was having with the number 11. You can read about it here. Basically, I was weirded out by the fact that everywhere I looked was the number 11. I didn't know what it meant...and I worried it meant something bad! To recap, I was born on 9/11, my sister was born on 3/11 (the day of the deadliest Japanese tsunami), and I've never won at bingo, keno, or the lottery with the dang number either!!! I was hatin' on the 11's.

Granted, I had just begun my querying journey, and found the guts to send out my manuscript to a few agents who had requested, and therefore already felt SUPA' CRAZY--but all the 1's were seriously creeping me out!

After that post, it only got worse. The elevens were stalking me! A few of my friends tried to convince me that:

  • it meant nothing; or
  • the 1's were actually good (due to various reasons); or
  • I needed chill out or get some good pills!
I overheard my daughter one day telling her cousin, "Guess what? My mom's afraid of the number 11! Isn't that totally weird!" I looked down at the clock and guess what time it was? 

Freakin' 11:11! She started noticing it too!  

Okay, long story short. I FOUND OUT WHAT IT MEANS!!! (or at least what it means to me:)

"Your intuition is at an all time high! You are being inspired with creative ideas. Share your vision with others through teaching, speaking or writing. Shine your light and you will inspire others."source here

Last week there was an awesome rain storm in Vegas, which almost never happens. My sister sent me this picture:

This is the number 11 painted in the sky with a double rainbow! And this was just after I took my kids to lunch and the total came to:


So it's time I embrace this powerful message. I am no longer afraid of numbers. I no longer think they want to kill me! :) They have been my friendly reminder to stop stressing and start believing in myself, and in my writing journey. 

So the next time you see a number 11, I hope you think of me (standing under a double rainbow with a really expensive $11.11 cheese steak sandwich) saying to you, "Believe in yourself too!"


25 comments:

  1. You know you're a great writer when "these numbers mean something" paranoia sets in - trust me - I had the same experience with 9 last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you figure out what the number 9 meant? This is what the source cited above says about 9's: "Have compassion for yourself. You may feel lost or even rejected, if so, it’s only because you are not loving yourself enough. Let go of thoughts, feelings, people and circumstances that aren’t serving you. Stay true to your integrity and share your light with others. You have so much to share with the world."

      Delete
  2. I love that you're so aware of your world that you're seeing 11s everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! The other day it was 10.11.12 I thought that was pretty lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is crazy cool! I can't believe how many "11's" have shown up in your life! I've never been stalked by a number, but you've made it seem cool, even if it is odd. I was born on the 13th, and I swear, every time my birthday lands on a Friday it's an awful day. Coincidence? Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you can embrace the number 11. And double rainbows. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A double rainbow so cool! I've never experienced the number stalker thing I can see why it would freak you out though. My husband has this thing with the time 11.11 on a digital clock, if he sees it I have to look too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe you're just going crazy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would make an awesome motivational poster. Can you imagine? LOL I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My family has a weird thing with the number 111. It will stalk one of us for a while, then move on to the next. It kind of creeps me out when it's my turn, but I'll take your positive spin and make it work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really interesting! Hope you get another double rainbow moment soon! It sounds like something you could put into a book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Jessie,
    Glad you've turned the corner on your 11 phobia. Can't say I've noticed numbers a whole lot other than the fact that I can't seem to get them to add up right the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol! Oh, writers and the imagination! Our thoughts are powerful. Keep believing in yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Luckily you weren't being stalked by a number 2's :os

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gravy, that's crazy! Writers totally have the right to be afraid of numbers, though. We prefer words. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's interesting, open up your eyes and ears, maybe the explanation of the mystery will come to you soon :) I have the same thing with seeing birds everywhere lately: in my dreams, in my yard, everywhere.... and strange birds, falcons, owls, doves, birds that don't usually appear in the middle of a city.... creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so freaky! I don't notice recurring numbers so much - more words or images - but now maybe I'll start paying more attention to the time, the amounts on receipts etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now what you told me on the phone yesterday gives me chills. I think it is a sign from heaven (in the case of the rainbows...literally :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is super weird. But also kind of cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is awesome! Love that rainbow. I was married on 9/11--3 years before it happened. My husband told me recently how he thought it was weird that so many times when he looked at the clock it would be 9:11. I was like, oh my heck, that happens to me all the time too! We decided it was a good reminder that we love each other and to keep our marriage strong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oops! Forgot to say that I tagged you on my blog today. Fun stuff--I wanna know about your WIP! http://rachellewrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow. That kinda stuff gives me the chills--but in a good way. I like that you have a positive, motivational outlook for those numbers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ha, ha - loved this post! :) Maybe 11 will turn out to be your lucky number after all.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 11. 11. 11. 11. 11. 11. 11. 11. 11. 11. 11.

    That was eleven 11s. That's what I think of this post. And you're a nutter. And you paid WAY too much for that sandwich.

    ReplyDelete