Friday, October 26, 2012

Two Totally Interesting Things...


I've got two totally interesting things to say today. Yep, just the two!


  1. Agent Michelle Wolfson has posted about me on her blog again. You can read it here. Yes, this is THE Michelle Wolfson, the agent who yelled at me publicly at the Storymakers Conference earlier this year, and then went on to publicly "shame" me thereafter on her blog. I didn't know this until Michelle emailed me a few days ago, but apparently the search terms "poor Jessie," "sad tale of Jessie," and "silly Jessie," are some of the highest used keywords directing traffic to her blog. Her two blog posts concerning me, which you can find here and here, sort of went viral. It was a bit of a whirlwind of misunderstanding and humiliation for a time, but one that ended quite happily. Poor, sad, silly, and even "stupid, stupid Jessie" now has an agent! And not just any agent. One of the best there is in the industry, Sarah Davies! That's why Michelle has now changed my story from "The Sad Tale of Jessie" to "The Awesome Tale of Jessie!" Thanks, Michelle for the shout out! 
  2. I am off to a retreat this weekend in Park City, Utah. I'm going to eat candy, drink Diet Coke, frolic in the snow, and write my butt off! Or revise. Or just think really hard about stuff!
Anything interesting, silly, or awesome going in with you this weekend?

19 comments:

  1. So you drove from Vegas to Park City and didn't stop by to say hi?!? :) Hope you have a fun Diet Coke infused productive weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy things worked out!! I just read through all of the posts... and I just have to say (at the risk of people's wrath) I am one of those that hasn't sent requested pages before after pitching to an agent I met in the lobby of a hotel. I freaked myself out. I have redeemed myself (hopefully) since then and have sent out all pitch requests--but it's always a little scary. Have fun at the writer's retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I just read those posts but couldn't bring myself to read the comments knowing they were negative toward you. I've been in the position so many times of wondering if I offended someone and feeling somewhat off about things. I totally get that. I think this agent had great points and I'm glad she came down on your side. Of course, I think I said this before but congrats on getting an agent, Awesome Jessie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. The never ending supper. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fascinating story, Jessie! And I definitely like "The awesome tale of Jessie!" ;)

    Have a FAB time in Park City... it's Sooooo gorgeous up there! And nothing better than having a writing break with friends! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad she changed it to awesome Peggy because it's kind of crazy to have this all go so public.

    Have a great writers retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silly, sad, maybe you'll soon by NYT bestselling author Jessie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh, hello miss bragger! ha ha. I'm just kidding. I'm coming too and it will be a summerill sandwich tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness that was a bunch of craziness! I'm so glad things have worked out for you. You're an inspiration for sure! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! I love that she posted about you and your awesome news. :)

    Have fun at your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In related news, Tasha Seegmiller was relating this story to one of your agent sisters, the lovely Lindsey Leavitt, and Lindsey was all fired up and on your side. She was ready to take Michelle on! So it's extra fun that you're both repped by Sarah Davies now! :) Wishing you lots of success and a lovely weekend in PC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know what to think about all of this. I want to kind of rip into people all over again, but I know it's a happy ending and that I'm supposed to let it go. (I'm also a little afraid of someone reading this and ripping into me. Gosh. Cyber-warfare is serious stuff.) I will just say that you handled it all with tremendous grace and *perseverance* and you have shown the world that you don't give up. Way to go! Also, did you bring your ear plugs? I've got extras.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "The Awesome Tale of Jessie" should be made into a book. I'd buy it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Success is the sweetest kind of vindication. Enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Writing retreats are the best...have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the agent! More than happy for you! Have an absolutely FUN time at the writer's retreat!

    Much success is headed your way! Be on the lookout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. great news! i plan on working this weekend :( but i get a break to write here and there. great blog...new follower here...hi!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, what a turn of events. Congrats on the agent!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, I didn't read the original posts back when it happened but I'm glad the agent is keeping tabs on you. And I'm glad it is the awesome tale of Jessie. ;0)

    Hope you had fun over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete