Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Half-Way Through NaNo...How You Doin'?



How am I doin'? I'll tell ya how I'm doin'...



I feel awesome (in a very 80's rock kind of way) because I absolutely love the camaraderie of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). Or in my case, National Novel Revising Month (NaNoReviMo).

To be specific, this is how I have done:

  • I have kept my daily writing/revising goals 12 out of the 14 days I've been at this thing. In fact, I turned it up a notch and doubled my daily goals. I went from committing to two hours per day, to four hours a day. And I've even been knocking that out of the park!  
  • I have worked my way through 83,000 of 96,000 words. That's a lot of freaking words. That's 280 of 330 pages, which is well past my 75 pages per week goal. 
  • Because I have moved so fast (and also because my agent told me to), I am going to throw another goal in there. Schedule some beta-readers to double-check my work. And then revise again. 
So...how you doin'?

16 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Congratulations on your revision goals!
    I'm doing ok. Yesterday was busy with life, and my writing and revision goals took a back seat.
    Today had a slow start, but I'm planning on getting through at least 2 chapters of revision, and 1,000 words of new writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing and inspiring AND you manage to cheer us all on. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. I LURVE Joey!

    WAY TO GO YOU!!

    I just finished my nanoWRImo project, and I"m definitely ready to take a break. I think we're the same in that once that deadline is out there, we work harder and faster and push it out quicker than we need to just because we can.

    I have to say, though, that I don't do deadlines often because I make myself a little crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! You are doing awesome!!!! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rock so hard, Jessie! Hm... How am I doing... Let's just say less good than you and leave it at that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, now you're just bragging!

    but seriously, way to kick editing's butt! can you pass me some of that time?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being boss! :) And to think November is only halfway over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have always had amazing determination. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Halfway through my 53k revision, right on track, and today was AWE-some! Such great progress :D
    I hope everyone else is enjoying November, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to meet you. It sounds like you are doing an amazing job at Nano! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - you rock! Way to go! I've been meeting my word-count goals for the month/week, though I'm not doing Nano.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Geez, this is inspiring me to work double time! Thank goodness I didn't read this DURING RevMo I would've gone overboard trying to pace with you :) (and our extra asses)

    ReplyDelete