So I did this crazy thing where I looked at my first blog post from last year. It was about goals--and sort of how I failed dismally in 2011. It was actually sort of depressing. Sorry about that. I never want to be a Moaning Millie. But I set some new goals for 2012, and I think I did pretty good! I revised like I planned, queried like I planned, went to conferences like I planned, and one of my biggest dreams came true in October when I accepted representation with Sarah Davies of Greenhouse Literary. So yeah, I would say 2012 was a pretty good year! And 2013 promises to be even better.
I am still a big believer in goal setting. I've always felt like if I don't know where I want to go, I won't get there. So for 2013, let's do this:
- Attend LTUE conference in February, LDStorymakers conference in May, and SCBWI conference in August.
- Go to NYC for some yet to be discovered reason
- Sell my MS currently titled KILLING RUBY ROSE
- Write another book that I've already outlined and "beated out"
- Blog 3 times/week
- Run two half marathons (that way it will be a full marathon, right? ;) just kidding. That's all I got.
- Go to Hawaii
- Force, manipulate, and threaten my extremely talented CP Erin Summerill into finishing her awesome fantasy and query it this year. Yes, Erin, I just publicly called you out! And I'm pretty sure Peggy will have my back.
- Oh, and losing 15 pounds might be good too! ha