Wednesday, January 2, 2013

B is for Back to Business

Pfew! That Holiday Season was a doozie!
  • Crazy-busy. 
  • Crazy-awesome. 
  • Crazy-fast. 
I have a total Holiday Hangover. But I've missed the Blog-world. It's time to get caught up and back to business. Dontcha think?

So I did this crazy thing where I looked at my first blog post from last year. It was about goals--and sort of how I failed dismally in 2011. It was actually sort of depressing. Sorry about that. I never want to be a Moaning Millie. But I set some new goals for 2012, and I think I did pretty good! I revised like I planned, queried like I planned, went to conferences like I planned, and one of my biggest dreams came true in October when I accepted representation with Sarah Davies of Greenhouse Literary. So yeah, I would say 2012 was a pretty good year! And 2013 promises to be even better.

I am still a big believer in goal setting. I've always felt like if I don't know where I want to go, I won't get there. So for 2013, let's do this:

  • Attend LTUE conference in February, LDStorymakers conference in May, and SCBWI conference in August. 
  • Go to NYC for some yet to be discovered reason
  • Sell my MS currently titled KILLING RUBY ROSE 
  • Write another book that I've already outlined and "beated out"
  • Blog 3 times/week 
  • Run two half marathons (that way it will be a full marathon, right? ;) just kidding. That's all I got.
  • Go to Hawaii
  • Force, manipulate, and threaten my extremely talented CP Erin Summerill into finishing her awesome fantasy and query it this year. Yes, Erin, I just publicly called you out! And I'm pretty sure Peggy will have my back.
  • Oh, and losing 15 pounds might be good too! ha
What about you? How was 2012 for you? Got any good goals for 2013?

21 comments:

  1. I totally support you in goal to force Erin to finish her book! Have in NYC and good luck selling you book. I bet you'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree-- goals are great motivators. Sounds like you have a vision for your year firmly in place and I look forward to seeing your book come to full fruition. All the very best to you in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these are good goals! I'm jealous of the trip to NYC - love that place. I'll for sure be at Storymakers - LTUE is a big fat question mark.

    Good luck in 2013! I'm sure you are going to rock it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping to make it to LTUE this year, but without a car that might be a problem. It was much easier when they had it at BYU.
    Good luck with selling your book and everything else you have going this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with getting your book on to shelves this year. You're in a great place - keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful goals, very similar to my own (I called them "Wants for 2013")

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love goals, and all of your's seem fantastic. I especially like attending all the writing conferences and running two half marathons. ;) Good luck, and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to Hawaii and Storymakers! Maybe I'll see you in both places. ;)

    Great goals, Jessie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pack me in your bag and take me with you to Hawaii, NYC, and those conferences! And lose 15+ in my behalf too if you wouldn't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, if you lose 15 lbs you'll blow away in a light breeze! You're killing me! I'll be at one day of LTUE and hopefully all of Storymakers. :D YAY! I can't wait to see you again! Can I go to Hawaii with you?---And NY! Both on my list of "must do's" but don't know if it'll happen this year for me.
    Love the goal Jess and I have no doubts you can do it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally rad goals, and I second the pushing Erin to get her book done. It's awesome so far. and, uh, where is this SCBWI? I think it's time I expanded my horizons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love all those! (except hawaii, done it)
    and erin, i second that call out!

    you're an inspiration this year, jessie! happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great! I've got the half marathon on my list too! :) And LDStorymakers!!! Whoot, whoot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Jessie! You make a mean set of goals! Wanna make mine for me?

    Let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Peggy's Goal #1: Visit Jessie in Las Vegas!!! :)

      Delete
  15. Haha, this is a great list. Good luck! And I'll see you at Storymakers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a great list. I'm all set for Storymakers, plane ticket and all. WOOHOO. I have similar goals. Sell book. Write other book. Run. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm going to finish it damnit! I swear (double entendre.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are some crazy awesome goals! Sounds like you're going to need your own, personal cheering section. :D

    Gooooo, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like 2012 was a rockin' year! :) Great goals for this year too. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great goals! However, if I remember correctly, you hate running so how are you suppose to finish 2 half marathons? LOL.

    I am so excited to see what is in store for ya for 2013!

    ReplyDelete