Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday Quickie

I've decided that I would like to introduce a new posting theme to my blog called:

The Quickie

(Yes, I am going to take advantage of the shock value attached to that title!)

This is where I am going to post a QUICK WRITING TIP. A writing skill everyone should know. Whether it be technical or creative, useful or not, I'm gonna give it to you! You're gonna be singing the Jay-Z song: "Give it to me. Gimme that funk, that sweet, that nasty, that gushi stuf!"

Okay, maybe not.

Here's the Quickie for today:

Join Publishers Marketplace. If you are serious about becoming a published author, you should know your industry. PM is the biggest dedicated marketplace for publishing professionals to find critical information and unique databases. It's where deals are reported. Where agents, editors, writers host web pages for easily accessible information. And A LOT MORE. For more benefits click here.

The free version is called Publishers Lunch. It is the shorter, FREE version of their daily newsletter and weekly deal report. At a minimum, subscribe to this so you can be educated about the market today. Are you writing something agents and editors even want? You should know the answer to this question.

Voila! We just had our first quickie. Was it good for you?

17 comments:

  1. I didn't know about Publisher's Lunch... will check it out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm smoking a cigarette now. ;)

    Seriously going to check out the Publisher's Lunch-- thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I ever told you how much I freaking love you? Ha ha! You're hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your innuendo kills me. So funny. I haven't done this yet, I really should get on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally signed up for Publishers Lunch now. It's like a PM quickie, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know about publisher's lunch, I'll get on that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for telling me about Publisher's Lunch. I'll get on that immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good one.
    I'm AMAZED at how many people want to get into publishing, but aren't willing to take the time to learn what they're getting into...
    Not that you can REALLY know, but PM and PW are Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha! You kill me, Jessie. I totally agree. I joined Publisher's Marketplace and loved it. Eventually, I quit, but I didn't know you could get Publisher's Lunch for free! I just signed up. Wow. That quickie was really good for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the quickie (I am going to act like 15 year old boy about this for a while)!

    I subscribe to Writers Market, so I will definitely look into this one as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks i needed that "nooner!" ha ha!
    so will this be a regular thing i can look forward to?
    i'll stop now =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol, Jessie, you crack me up. :) This is a fabulous idea. And I agree, Publishers Marketplace is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the quickie. I don't even feel violated :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. a quickie! lol. Clever title to catch people's interest! ;-)

    ReplyDelete