- Profile pics should be of you. Not Edward Cullen. Despite the fact it might get you more blog traffic.
- Profile pics should be professional. Not necessarily taken by a professional, but you looking your best.
- They should be head shots, or at least focused on the face. Even if you have really great cleavage.
- They should be current. Not you ten years ago when you used to be a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model.
- They should represent you as an author. Not you in other mediums. (So if you love riding bulls, don't post a pic of you riding a bull...it's sort of irrelevant. And a weird example too :)>
- They should be formatted correctly. Not to big, taking over your whole page, and not too small, making your blog readers squint and zoom to see what you really look like.
- They should be flattering but not self-indulgent. That's what Facebook is for, right?
- They should tell the world (readers, agents, editors, friends) that you take this thing seriously. That presentation matters to you. That you understand how you present yourself to the world says something about you.
But now I need your help. I need to turn in the author photo that is going to be in my book, and several other places associated with the release of my book KILLING RUBY ROSE. Can you help me choose between: