Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Check Out My New Digs

It's totally me, right? The colors, the sunshine, the beach! I adore it.

My bestie Peggy Eddleman gave me a referral to web designer, book reviewer, blog expert, and all-around genius, Hafsah at Icey Designs (also of Icey Books).  From the day I contacted her for a quote to the day all my stuff went live, she was a dream to work with. She responds to every email I send her within minutes, was patient with me as I tried to express my very un-artistic vision for what I wanted, and above all...SHE'S SO NICE! And affordable, and talented, and totally brilliant. I could go on and on about her. Basically, Hafsah is www.awesome.com.

So she did my blog, my new shiny website (www.jessiehumphries.com where I have way too many pages and information about myself...but that's what authors do--I checked), new Twitter background, a cute little button (--->), new business cards that I will give you when I see you, and other stuff that I've never had before like links and stuff. Hafsah has made me legit.

Quick tip: If anyone is considering getting a website, I would buy your domain name now, even if you won't be getting your site right away. Don't search for your name unless your serious though because I've been told that crooks monitor searches and then buy the ones that have been searched so that when those people want to buy, they have to buy from the crooks for a much higher price. They can do this because it is so cheap. So get get your domain name now!

24 comments:

  1. Impressive web design. I've already purchased my domain name. When I'm ready to go live with it, I'll check out your friend; looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the new digs! Where are the refreshments?? Hahaha... love the beachy feel and your new profile pic is saucy girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saucy? Yikes, I was not going for saucy! haha. I was going for trying not to look like an idiot! ;)

      Delete
  3. I love your new design. It's very YA contemporary. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. My domain name is already taken. That's what's wrong with having a common name.

    Love the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous layout I love it, Jessie!!!!! Today's my birthday (24...eek!!) so heres hoping for a good new year. As for domain names, I share a name (first and last) with a NYT best selling author (nonfic) so I will probably end up with a website thats something like "Rachel X writes" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I just say how much I love it again? Yeah, I already have my domain name. But jabennett.com was taken and the guy who owns won't even talk to me much less sell it to me. Sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new website is the bomb! THE BOMB, I tell you! I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo it's so pretty! Congratulations on the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, Jessie. I loved how you tied your banner to both your blog and website. I'll have to remember to ask you about your web designer if I ever need a website.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks fantastic! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, Jessie, thanks so much for the awesome post about me! And you were a dream to work with as well, and I'm glad we ended up with a design you ended up loving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so nice and beachy! Congrats on the new digs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the new look Jess. Will buy my domain name soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So awesome! You are the queen of legit now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great delіveгу. Greаt argumentѕ.
    Keep up the good work.

    Feel freе to visit my ωeblоg: what is hcg injections for weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  16. went back and read... sooo excited about your deal! peachy new digs! exciting changes!!
    yes, i neglected you in a to z, hey! you were on vacay? i dont feel that bad!
    congrats again and will try to go to vegas, maybe on our 2nd book tours =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Your website gives that cool and relaxing feeling right off the bat. I like the hanging signage for navigation buttons because it makes the beach feel more effective combined with a sunset photo. Your friend really did a wonderful job in doing a consistent design for your blogs and website.


    EMediaCreative

    ReplyDelete