Friday, September 6, 2013

Cluster F

And no, the F does not stand for Friday, or Fun, or Fabulousness. Let me explain...

Last weekend, a barrage of less than ideal events transpired:
  • Friday- got some eyelash extensions done and had a bad reaction to the glue. I let Mr. Humphries drive and tried to sleep it off as we traveled late to Southern Utah for the holiday weekend. Never mind that my little nap got interrupted by a flashing lights, a police siren, and someone other than Mr. Humphries asking for the ""insurance and registration, please."
  • Saturday- woke up looking like Sloth from Goonies, due to the continuing allergic reaction to the eyelash glue. Asked my mother in law if she had any Benadryl, but she only had the Children's kind. I thought I should be fine to take the dose for "children over the age of six."
  • Later Saturday--I vaguely remember attending the Peach Days parade before I wandered off and passed out in the car. Six hours later I woke up at the in-laws house, not able to recall all the details of how I got there. I totally roofied myself on CHILDREN'S BENADRYL, people!
  • Sunday- went for a walk on the golf course with the kids to stretch my strung out body, and got attacked by mosquitoes. I forgot to bring protection, yanno a machine gun or some freakin' bug spray, and we ended up with probably a thousand bites if you count cumulatively between the five of us. Mission failed, Soldier.
  •  Sunday night- tried to go see Austenland the movie (because it's not showing in Vegas), but my GPS took us to a residential cul-de-sac, and Mr. Humphries' GPS took in a full circle without leading us anywhere. We missed the movie. I might have been a little devastated.

I won't go on...but I could! It was just one of those weekends. There were some great times in between the madness, but yeah...CLUSTER F.

Ever have one of those weekends?

11 comments:

  1. Ugh, what a disappointing weekend! I've definitely had those, where absolutely nothing seems to work out. I hope you got over that allergic reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd better make this one epic. Also, Shannon Hale just announced there were more cities getting Austenland this weekend - maybe???

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Hugs* I'm so sorry about your weekend. That sucks! I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jess, so sorry. Sounds like a weekend you want to forget. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It beats moving. My whole body is bruised from that experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But it made a great post...I was entertained as I read about your horrid luck. My perverse pleasure is worth something, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. And that, folks is why you put conflict in your stories. Because dang, girl, that was entertaining to read! Even though I was feeling worse and worse for you as I read. Were I there, I'd shower you with gifts of eye drops, ADULT Benadryl, anit-itch lotion, movie passes, get-out-of-ticket-free cards, and chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want Austenland to reach Jamaica. Sorry about all the awful luck girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you had a tough weekend, though your post made me laugh! I want to see Austenland too; I love Keri Russell, and I wish that there was a real place called Austenland. Then I would definitely take a vacation and go there, thus breaking my no vacation rule.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh sad, Jessie! I feel for ya! Yeah, I got a speeding ticket the other day. I was so mad. It had been like 10 years. Well, it was a nice run.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha. Love the picture you put up after telling your roofie story. I hope things have gotten better since last weekend.

    ReplyDelete