Last weekend, a barrage of less than ideal events transpired:
- Friday- got some eyelash extensions done and had a bad reaction to the glue. I let Mr. Humphries drive and tried to sleep it off as we traveled late to Southern Utah for the holiday weekend. Never mind that my little nap got interrupted by a flashing lights, a police siren, and someone other than Mr. Humphries asking for the ""insurance and registration, please."
- Saturday- woke up looking like Sloth from Goonies, due to the continuing allergic reaction to the eyelash glue. Asked my mother in law if she had any Benadryl, but she only had the Children's kind. I thought I should be fine to take the dose for "children over the age of six."
- Later Saturday--I vaguely remember attending the Peach Days parade before I wandered off and passed out in the car. Six hours later I woke up at the in-laws house, not able to recall all the details of how I got there. I totally roofied myself on CHILDREN'S BENADRYL, people!
- Sunday- went for a walk on the golf course with the kids to stretch my strung out body, and got attacked by mosquitoes. I forgot to bring protection, yanno a machine gun or some freakin' bug spray, and we ended up with probably a thousand bites if you count cumulatively between the five of us. Mission failed, Soldier.
- Sunday night- tried to go see Austenland the movie (because it's not showing in Vegas), but my GPS took us to a residential cul-de-sac, and Mr. Humphries' GPS took in a full circle without leading us anywhere. We missed the movie. I might have been a little devastated.
I won't go on...but I could! It was just one of those weekends. There were some great times in between the madness, but yeah...CLUSTER F.
Ever have one of those weekends?