Thursday, December 19, 2013

2014 Conferences & Book Events

It's time to start planning and thinking about which writing conferences, book festivals, and other literary events that we would like to attend. Here's what I've got lined up:

  1. Life, The Universe, & Everything (LTUE) February 13-15 at the Provo, Utah Marriott and Conference Center. This is an extremely inexpensive conference, only $30 if you pre-register! I don't know of a better price. The conference consists mostly of panels, tons of rock-star authors, from many different genres (but mostly fantasy and sci-fi). 
  2. LDStoryMakers- April 25-26 in Layton, Utah. Orson Scott Card is the keynote speaker this year, along with a smorgasbord of other amazing authors, agents and editors. It's my favorite conference of the year. All my favorite people will be there.
  3. American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV: June 26-July 1. Oh hells yes, this is chez moi! As far as publication industry events go, this is a biggie. And I'll be there.
  4. Vegas Valley Book Festival (obviously in Vegas, duh) October 16th–18th. I participated in this book festival in 2013 and it was beyond awesome. So many amazing authors came to town to participate in panels, signings, and general partying. 
  5. And beyond these four events, I am set to debut with KILLING RUBY ROSE as a Kindle Serial Release on May 6, 2014, and then paperback release on September 16, 2014. I can guarantee there are going to be some more parties lined up here in the LV hood for that, though I don't quite have the exact details. Also, me and three of my fellow Skyscape authors are going to do an East-coast tour in the fall, including school visits, bookstore signings, and some more general partying. I like parties! 
Should be a pretty awesome year! So what do you have lined up for 2014? 

7 comments:

  1. I'll see you at #1 and #2. I'll be teaching at WIFYR in June and most likely attend BEA in NYC in May. Gonna be a crazy year. Woot! Excited for your release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got awesome plans for next year. I'd love to go to LDS Storymakers and ALA. I don't have anything planned for next year except for being laid off and finding a new job. And helping my daughter with scholarships and college apps and being swim mom. I'll be glad to get away from the stress of my job next year. Hopefully I'll get more writing done. Already have been working more on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! Thanks for reminding us about VVBF. I just filled out the author request form, so we'll see what they say! And we need to talk sometime about ALA. And heck yes on LTUE and Storymakers! 2014 is going to rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have a good schedule going. I'm planning on LDStorymakers, so I'll hope to see you there. I'm also attending SCBWI Carolinas next fall. Excited for your book to come out. 2014 is going to be one amazing year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So need a passport. Anyway I wish you all the best with your plans and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great line up. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'll see you at conferences #1 and #2! A Merry Christmas to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete