Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day One 2014-Let's Do This

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014: A Killer Start
  • __6__ lbs. over/under Goal Weight (could be worse after the holidays)
  • _2,500 Calories Consumed Yesterday (my fav: a boat-load of guac in Santa Barbara harbor)
  • __4__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (no bueno)
  • __0__ Minutes Spent Writing (barely got blogging in with all the hot tubbing on NYE)
  • __0__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (What…I’m on vacay!)

As admitted in yesterday’s post, I’ve made some rather large plans for 2014. To recap:
  • Blog everydamnday (weekday)
  • Get The Killers to appear at my book launch for KILLING RUBY ROSE
  • Visit EIGHT+ cities on both coasts for book related events.
  • Write/revise/sell another book.

No big effin’ deal, right? Well, so what if it is (a big effin’ deal)? I’m still gonna do it. And as for blogging, this is how:
  • Bridget Jone's Diary-Style Check-In At the Beginning of Every Post (accountability people)
  • Mondays- Will provide persuasive essays, provocative enticements, and flat-out attempts at bribery as to why The Killers should help a hometown-hood-sista out. This grass-roots effort to woo Brandon Flowers & Co. shall be called “Killer Mondays.”
  • Tuesdays- Will offer free query critiques (am getting good-ish at them). Send them my and yours might just pop up on my blog. “Critique Tuesdays,” they shall be named.
  • Wednesdays-Will participate in “What’s Up Wednesday” posts hosted by Jaime Morrow and Erin Funk.
  • Thursdays- Will post a “Writing Quickie”— A quick writing tip, publication advice, helpful or not.
  • Fridays- Will provide entertainment, inspiration, anecdotes, video blogs, or otherwise unstructured commentary. 
  • I'm going to start double-posting to Tumblr as well because someone told me I should, and that someone knows her crap.

That is all. What are your 2014 blogging goals/schedules?

Love,
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got some awesome goals for this year. So excited for your debut.

    And I had a bad calorie day yesterday too. Today's a new day. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Killers? Go Jessie, hope it happens. You have some cool goals and being above your weight loss goal is nothing to sneeze at. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your daily posts! I'm hoping to get back to posting twice a week. Or visiting blogs more often. I've missed the blogging world lately.

    ReplyDelete