Friday, January 31, 2014

Finally Friday--FInally Sucky January Is Over

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Friday, January 31, 2014
  • __***__ lbs. over/under Goal Weight (not only haven't I weighed myself in over a week--as I've been marathon training--but I rarely got out of stretchy workout pants or pajama bottoms all week, so who the H knows?!)
  • 900      Calories Consumed Yesterday (oh crapalicious...that's not enough. Too busy for food. Someone please put some food in my mouth for me!)
  • _3__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (but yes, I had enough time to drink "uplifting" beverages. And I got called out on it. Daughter #2, "Mom, I thought you had to run a marathon...should you be drinking Coke Zero?" *hangs head*)
  • __0 hrs_ Spent Writing (reading, teleconferencing, researching, but no writing.)
  • _1__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (tried to make guacamole out of a ripe avocado...tasted like ripe butt!)
Gah! Seriously, was January as rough for you guys as it was for me? Despite many exciting things happening, some days were just gray and drab and very un-holidaysie. Putting away the Christmas tree was like carefully packing up my heart. Sitting down at the desk to face the holiday bills was like putting my soul in the envelope, licking it and sending it away. Going through the carpool, school, and work grind, plus trying to fight off sickness with vitamins, essential oils and green smoothies was like putting my brain into the Vitamix and pressing start.

But I digress... February is almost here, and it can't come soon enough. With promises of half-marathons on the SoCal beach, my literary agency retreat in Orlando, a writing conference in Utah with friends, there's much to look forward to.

What do you have to look forward to in February? A hot Valentines date perhaps?

Love,
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

6 comments:

  1. I have a cover reveal next month and I also plan to launch my blog for the AYA genre I created. Being busy and being stressed can interconnect. The key is to find joy in being busy and ways to alleviate stress. Enjoy your weekend and last day in January Jessie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In February, I intend to finish my WIP, and hopefully get a bit more freelance work than I had in January!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My birthday is February 29, but alas a) there is no 29th this year and b) I'll still be in Montana sans husband and twin sister. BUT this is the last month without seeing the hubby for a while, so that's good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this dream of decluttering every room of my house. That's sort of sexy, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all your analogies and totally feel the same!
    and the snow would have been okay if not for the blistering temperatures making my skin crack and my nose bleed!!

    but that means it can only get better, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly, I'm hoping for a blizzard in February, even though I hate the cold. I want lots of snow days from school, so I can stay home and write or edit. Also, remind me never to eat guacamole with you. . . we'll order out. ;)

    ReplyDelete