Monday, January 20, 2014

Killer Monday: Catching the Killers...With Ice Cream

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Monday, January 20, 2014
  • __***__ lbs. over/under Goal Weight (ignorance is bliss...tho  a slap in the face might be waiting for me after I'm done with this marathon training)
  • 1,850      Calories Consumed Yesterday (technically I have to include the bowl of chili I ate at the Gold Spike Hotel at 12:30 a.m. on what I thought was still Saturday night)
  • __0__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (ironically, this led to a 3-hour Sunday nap)
  • __3 hrs Spent Writing (mostly late-night hours, that included a lot of water and no late-night-heart-burning chili)
  • _0_Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (but Mr. Humphries brought me breakfast AND lunch in bed, so I didn't have to! Yes, he was making up for something which shall not be discussed publicly ;)

It must've been somewhere around Kindergarten that I discovered the concept of "Bribery by Ice Cream." Just like the kid who doesn't truly understand what her dad really does when he's off being a  software programmer, or a ER physician--I may not have yet understood what my dad did at the family business, Anderson Dairy. Everyone called him the Milk Man (some people inside the family even joked that my grandfather was previously the "Milk Man to the Mob"), but in any case, Dad brought home much more than milk. In fact, he brought much more than milk to Mr. K. (my Kindergarten teacher), Mr. Shea (my 5th grade teacher), Mr. Garmen (my Jr. High math teacher), and Mr. Johnson (my high school principal). The bribery came in the flavors of Rocky Road, Cookies and Cream, and Chocolate Chip Mint, and it came in brands such as Ben & Jerry's, Nestle, and of course Anderson Dairy brand itself.

However, the term "bribery" may be too harsh,  and perhaps too "technically illegal" in some scenarios. Which is why I will neither confirm nor deny that ice cream might have exchanged hands for preferential treatment with law school professors, my kid's coaches, and even my garbage man. I will also have a "no comment" response to if and when ice cream was delivered before I got my first job, or even to the hospital nursing staff when I wanted a nice room after I delivered my first baby. And don't even bother asking me about my internship at the Federal Courthouse! The answer is a firm is denial. Let's just say that ice cream has a way of helping with "stuff."

So it might not come as a huge surprise that one of my best ideas for "Catching The Killers" is through the persuasive powers of cream and sugar, frozen to perfection with their preferred choice of chocolate, fruit, nuts, or candy ingredients.

So does anyone happen to know what Brandon Flowers, Dave Keuning, Mark Stoermer, or Ronnie Vannucci Jr.'s favorite kind of ice cream is?

Love,
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

Legal Disclaimer: I am not alleging or insinuating any acts of wrongdoing on the part of Anderson Dairy, it's owners, or employees. Anderson Dairy (Las Vegas' Hometown Dairy Since 1907) is a reputable business and a well known contributor to local charities, schools, churches, and events. Also, please no one tell my dad that I wrote this blog...he might still have ties to the mob. ;) and he'd kill me. And not in the same way that The Killers kill me.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry, no idea. I'd try Rocky Road...seems fitting with their songs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would try rocky road too. Bribery by ice-cream sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me with the Cherry Garcia. I was all ready to start a rock band, get famous, and play at your next book launch after the pint you gave me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, don't know which would work best. Ice cream sounds like a great idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can buy off my kid with ice cream quite easily, but alas, that won't help you. And sadly, I do not know the preferences of the band members, but I think you're on to something...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what their favorite flavor is, but mine is chocolate peanut butter. I walked by an ice cream shop recently, and I saw several people lined up inside. I had to smile at the fact that even a freezing Chicago winter wasn't enough to keep those Midwesterners away from their beloved ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! I wish I knew what flavors they like, but just the words "ice cream" is usually enough to get me running :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I'd do pretty much anything for ice cream.

    ReplyDelete