Monday, January 6, 2014
- __5.2__ lbs. over/under Goal Weight (note to self: Holidays are over...stop eating)
- 1680 Calories Consumed Yesterday (the hidden bag of mini-Twix I found at the bottom of my daughter's stocking was too tempting to deny--weak sauce)
- __2__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (yay! progress...)
- __2 hrs Minutes Spent Writing (Sundays are my go-to writing days, glory glory hallelujah)
- _1___ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (all I could muster was warming up some take out spaghetti--wife of the year)
So Friday night rolls around and I'm thinking, "What in the bloody hell am I going to do for my first Killer Monday blog, and how can I start off wooing The Killers with a bang?"
I start brainstorming with Mr. Humphries about ways to do it, and I say, "Why not go all Sex and the City on this one?"
To which he sits up and replies, "What did you say about sex?"
I shoot him a compassionate, yet condescending look (like the one I give my dog when I go into the pantry and don't come out with a bone) and explain, "In the show Sex and the City, the main character writes a column. My idea is to write a column in the Las Vegas newspaper to get The Killers attention!"
He's slightly disappointed, but goes along with it, mentioning he went to high school with a guy at the paper and promises to contact him. And we go to bed--with the understanding he will get his sex in the city if I get my Sex and the City contact at the paper.
Saturday morning we head to our 5 year old's basketball game, and guess who we see?
I kid you not...my husband's contact at the paper--Ray Brewer! I pitch him my idea and he digs it. Turns out that Ray used to play street ball with the bass guitarist, Mark Stoermer, when they were kids. Hah!
Back before Mark turned into a real-life rock star, Mark went to high school with all of us, graduating two years after Ray and my husband, and one year before me--Chaparral Class of 1995).
Then and now:
Hello, 80's hair! You were so rad... (I chose "now" pictures that have both Mark and I gently stroking our hair :)...haha
Long story short: I'm sending Ray a sample of my first column (which I wrote today) and he is taking it to his editorial meeting. Watch out Killers! I'm serious about this crazy-cyber-stalking idea of mine!
Did you have a power-of-positive-thinking weekend?
Jessie With A Shot At The Night