Thursday, January 9, 2014
- __5.3 lbs. over/under Goal Weight (should have just thrown that mother-lovin' ice cream away!)
- 1050 Calories Consumed Yesterday (DoTerra Protein Shakes sure taste like butt compared to Ben & Jerry's)
- __3__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (what? I needed the energy to run my Ben & Jerry's Ass off!)
- _30 Minutes Spent Writing (or freaking out about writing because I just received a new deadline from my editor for RUBY ROSE #2)
- _1__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (tried to recycle some of my feta, tomato, and green onion dip into an al dente pasta...turned out like recycled al dente vomit...so the kids ate Toy Story noodle soup out of a can)
This is where I post a QUICK WRITING (or otherwise publication related) TIP. Whether it be technical or creative, useful or not, I'm gonna give it to you! You're gonna be jamming to the song "Push It" by Salt-N-Pepa:
But I still want you to PUSH IT. What I mean is: Get out of your comfort zone. Take risks. PUSH yourself to do the thing you are most afraid of. It will pay off in one way or another...I swear!
About a year ago, I decided to step back from my career as an attorney so that I could focus on writing (and family and some other crap ;0 jk) and the risk paid off--I landed my dream agent (Sarah Davies of Greenhouse Literary Agency), I sold two books, and a bunch of other positive things happened. I realize it's hard to place a value on most of these things. It's not playing roulette where you either win or you lose. Sometimes we never see a direct benefit when we put ourselves out there, and other times all of our wildest dreams can come true. (Like The Killers could come play at my book launch :).
So how are you going to PUSH IT?
Jessie With A Shot At The Night