Wednesday, January 8, 2014
- __4.8__ lbs. over/under Goal Weight (hovering, like a round bootylicious UFO)
- 1670 Calories Consumed Yesterday (It's never a good sign when you eat the rest of the ice cream container just so to make room in the freezer for more fresh ice cream)
- __2__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (have you ever had a Rockstar energy drink? HOLYHELLNUTS that stuff is strong.)
- __20 Minutes Spent Writing (F for effing effort)
- _3___ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (banana pancakes, turkey & lentil chili, and feta dip with sourdough baguettes--not all at the same time ;)
- WHAT I'M READING- ELEANOR & PARK by Rainbow Rowell-- great voice, touching story, a delicious read.
- WHAT I'M WRITING- Mostly blog posts, columns for my hopeful newspaper debut, critiques for friends and #PitchWars mentees, and just a smidge of my French YA Contemp.
- WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-Last night I hosted a writing group get-together chez-moi, and zut alors, it's so nice to be around other writers. We are all at different points in our creative journeys but we all have so much to learn, and big places to go. Thanks Neon Scribblers for a fun night of great ideas, helpful advice, and much needed kick in the A-word.
- WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO- I finally got to see what was behind the secret door I discovered in a renovated bar in Downtown Las Vegas several weeks ago. It's a whole long & totally amazing story that I am planning on blogging/columning about soon...but suffice it to say, there was:
- a token passed across the bar with a name and a phone number engraved on it
- a clandestine reservation was made
- a request to meet in a dark hallway was accepted
- an antechamber was entered
- voices were quiet
- cellphones prohibited
With a Shot At The Night