Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014
  • __4.7__ lbs. over/under Goal Weight (its day 15 in January and I'm getting nowhere!)
  • 1475     Calories Consumed Yesterday (It's not my fault that a friend gave me wine glass full of cheesecake...sounds weird, but delicieux)
  • __2__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (not enough. definitely not enough--I hit a wall like ten times today)
  • __2 hrs   Minutes Spent Writing (so. much. to. do.)
  • _0__Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (it was a Ramen, eggs, and a Mr. Humphries-has-to-fend-for-himself-and-the-children-every-once-in-awhile-kind of day).
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.

WHAT I'M READING- GILDED by Christina Farley--it's actually an ARC that I've received because I am participating in her blog tour. Set to release on March 1, 2014, it's a contemporary story set in Korea, with a Kick-A girl who has to fight ancient mythological creatures to survive. I happen to love it. I also love the author, Christina Farley, because she is gorgeous, generous, and happens to be my pub sister with Amazon Children's Publishing/Skyscape. 

WHAT I'M WRITING- Copy edits for KILLING RUBY ROSE set to debut May 6, 2014. 

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Funny people. I have this fascinating friend I hung out with last night who fake-tatted me up with Sharpies because she's an awesome artist like that AND told me a story about getting punched in the face by an ex-boyfriend. Good times.
  •  Generous people. Ever since I decided to go public with my intentions to "Catch The Killers" and go gangbusters with my debut launch party, I have been amazed at how many people have come out of the woodwork to offer help, advice, connections, support, etc. I love everyone!
  • Smart people. Gosh, I am so grateful for all the people that I get to work with in this industry. If I didn't have such a brilliant agent, sharp editors, ingenious publicists, and clever critique partners...I'd be nowhere.
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • I have less than three weeks of training left before the half-marathon I'm running in Huntington Beach--it's getting intense.
  • I have less than four weeks before I go to Orlando to meet my agent, Sarah Davies, at an agency retreat, Greenhouse Literary Agency. It's going to be fan-friggin-tastic (I'm going to go all fangirl on all the awesome authors there).
  • I got yelled at by a little old lady yesterday, and I didn't even yell back.
That is all. What's up with you?

Jessie,
With a Shot At The Night

21 comments:

  1. Hang in there on your weight goals. I find working while standing for a few hours a day really has helped me lose weight. You might want to add that to what you're doing.

    And I'm reading Christina's book too and loving it.I should finish it while waiting for my creditor's exams to be called in Bankruptcy Court today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I love your bullet-point check in. Perhaps this is something I need to be doing? Accountability is my friend. :-) Second, best of luck with your half marathon! Is this your first? I did one in Big Sur last year and it was fantastic. And third, have a blast at your agency retreat -- sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have so much exciting stuff happening. YAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't yell back? High fives! I seriously can't wait for Gilded. You have me bouncing in my chair to read it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Katy: Your bullet point check-in is a great idea. I should really be doing that with writing time. You know, put it out there when I'm *actually* writing instead of sitting around like a lump. A half marathon, hey? That's awesome! I only wish I was able to run that many miles. Sounds like you have a lot of great stuff coming up. Hope it's tons of fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to show self restraint with that little old lady. I hope you're proud. And good luck with your half-marathon, and your launch preparations. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The agency retreat sounds like fun. I considered Greenhouse Literary before I realised that I'm not really a YA writer, just someone who writes about characters who happen to be young. And good luck with your marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for Gilded, it sounds awesome! I'm also inspired by funny, generous, and smart people. I like to think I'm one of those every now and then. Have fun at your agency retreat! And good luck with the half marathon- I admire your diligence :) And why are old ladies so grouchy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh gush at me about how awesome Gilded is when you're done *_* Also, meeting your agent sounds amazing! I get to meet mine in April :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gilded sounds awesome. I love books with mythology.
    Oh, agency retreat - that sounds like fun!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun meeting your agent! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gilded sounds fantastic, I can't wait until it comes out! It's so exciting that you get to meet your agent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehe, you posted about so many awesome things but not yelling back at the little old lady is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Proud of your restraint. Yelling at old ladies has to be bad for karma, so plus one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Copy edits! Such an exciting milestone. I'm jealous that you have the GILDED ARC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo, good luck with those copy edits! Sounds both grueling and exciting at the same time! Your half-marathon does too. I'm married to a (crazy) marathon runner, and while I don't run myself, I'm an expert in the cheering department, so I'm sending all my cheers your way! Have an awesome week and look out for nasty old ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. GILDED by Christina Farley sounds really amazing. I love that it's set in Korea. That's so different. Good luck with your marathon! That sounds too difficult to me. I fail at running. And you get to go to on a retreat? That sounds so cool! I know a lot of people who haven't ever gotten to meet their lit agents in person (at least yet), so it's great that you'll be able to meet yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck with your marathon! I also love the idea of your bullet check-in. I was planning to do monthly progress reports but maybe it would hold me more accountable. GILDED sounds fantastic. I might have to add it to my list and keep an eye out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a little surprised that 1475 calories in a day is something you're making excuses for, especially if you're running and training--but maybe that's just 'cause I'm only used to my own counts! Good luck with all you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  20. An agency retreat? I don't think I've ever heard of an agency doing that, but it sounds like an awesome opportunity to meet your fellow Greenhouse writers, as well as your agent. I hope you have a really good time. And all the best with training for the half-marathon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Jessie for the shout out! I hope you love the book!

    That's so cool you are training for a half-marathon. I love to run. Once I quite one of my jobs I really want to get back into longer runs. Good luck on copyedits! I can't wait to get my hands on your book!

    ReplyDelete