Wednesday, January 8, 2014
- __4.7__ lbs. over/under Goal Weight (its day 15 in January and I'm getting nowhere!)
- 1475 Calories Consumed Yesterday (It's not my fault that a friend gave me wine glass full of cheesecake...sounds weird, but delicieux)
- __2__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (not enough. definitely not enough--I hit a wall like ten times today)
- __2 hrs Minutes Spent Writing (so. much. to. do.)
- _0___ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (it was a Ramen, eggs, and a Mr. Humphries-has-to-fend-for-himself-and-the-children-every-once-in-awhile-kind of day).
WHAT I'M READING- GILDED by Christina Farley--it's actually an ARC that I've received because I am participating in her blog tour. Set to release on March 1, 2014, it's a contemporary story set in Korea, with a Kick-A girl who has to fight ancient mythological creatures to survive. I happen to love it. I also love the author, Christina Farley, because she is gorgeous, generous, and happens to be my pub sister with Amazon Children's Publishing/Skyscape.
WHAT I'M WRITING- Copy edits for KILLING RUBY ROSE set to debut May 6, 2014.
WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
- Funny people. I have this fascinating friend I hung out with last night who fake-tatted me up with Sharpies because she's an awesome artist like that AND told me a story about getting punched in the face by an ex-boyfriend. Good times.
- Generous people. Ever since I decided to go public with my intentions to "Catch The Killers" and go gangbusters with my debut launch party, I have been amazed at how many people have come out of the woodwork to offer help, advice, connections, support, etc. I love everyone!
- Smart people. Gosh, I am so grateful for all the people that I get to work with in this industry. If I didn't have such a brilliant agent, sharp editors, ingenious publicists, and clever critique partners...I'd be nowhere.
- I have less than three weeks of training left before the half-marathon I'm running in Huntington Beach--it's getting intense.
- I have less than four weeks before I go to Orlando to meet my agent, Sarah Davies, at an agency retreat, Greenhouse Literary Agency. It's going to be fan-friggin-tastic (I'm going to go all fangirl on all the awesome authors there).
- I got yelled at by a little old lady yesterday, and I didn't even yell back.
With a Shot At The Night