Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014
  • __***__ lbs. over/under Goal Weight (I snuck a peak at the scale today knowing I shouldn't during this crazy marathon training...All I'm gonna say is: son of a motherless B-word...)
  • 1580     Calories Consumed Yesterday (maybe I should research how many calories I should be having when running my arse off like this...)
  • __4__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (two to rev me up and two to rev me down--coconut loose-leaf tea is uhmazin'. I'm turning into such a tea-whore.)
  • __2 hrs   Spent Writing (all revising. For me, for my CP, for my other CP, for the crazy guy on the corner...just kidding)
  • _3__Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (scrambled eggs so good the kids asked for seconds, fresh orange smoothies straight from the citrus orchard in AZ, and sweet potatoes with "white trash chicken"--rotisserie chicken but for some reason my dad calls it WT Chicken?!).
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.

WHAT I'M READING- a bunch of awesome manuscripts from writing friends. A middle grade fantasy, a contemporary young adult, an adult erotica that keeps using the word "moist" (just kidding on the erotica).

WHAT I'M WRITING- Book #2 in the Ruby Rose Series. Well, revising. 

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Serendipity. It seems like the more I put myself out there with my crazy goals and dreams, the more people are willing to help. The crazy coincidences just keep stacking up!
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • I'm totally diggin' on the new season of Downton Abbey, but sad that I simply don't have time for Sherlock. I mean, dang, those episodes are full-length movies!
  • Me and two fellow writers are trying to decide what to do for my agency's retreat talent show, but either way, it's going to include leopard leotards and sequins. :)
  • Last week I got yelled at by a little old lady, and this week I got cheered on by a little old lady while running (she held up her fist and yelled, "you can do it!"). See what I mean about serendipity?
That is all. What's up with you?

Jessie,
With a Shot At The Night

18 comments:

  1. Okay, I can't stop laughing about that erotica joke or the old lady cheering you on. Too funny! I'm with you on the new season of Downton. I wasn't so sure how I'd like this season without a certain character, but they've done a good job. Good luck with revising and all those crazy goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Training for a marathon sounds tough! Hope it all goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm digging Teen Wolf and The Haves and the Have Nots on television right now. Funny you said Downtown Abbbey, I read a post by another blogger who has decided to stop watching the show because of a recent rape scene that was out of character (according to them, I don't watch the show). Congrats on your progress Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've got tons going on. I'm loving Downton Abby too. And no Sherlock for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the marathon training! I love random acts of cheering, so I try to do that for people sometimes. It really helps! I only made it to an 18 mile run before injury, so I guess I'll never conquer the marathon . . . but I happily support anyone who plans on it. :)

    I've been keeping up with Downton Abbey and The Bachelor and letting a lot of my other shows slide to edit lately. I love your updates, and I'm impressed that you are keeping up with the blog a day. If I did that, I think mine would start becoming very short and very boring, but yours never are. Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lot of things are happening - good luck with the marathon training! :)

    LOL at the erotica joke!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been watching Sherlock, but haven't got to the new series of Downton yet. Each episode of Sherlock may be a movie, but there are only three of them per season. I suppose it's good that you're making them last. :)

    And I'd like that recipe for scrambled eggs. I love eggs, and I'm not bad at scrambling, so I'm intrigued by your kid-pleasing take.

    Have a great week, Jessie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving Downton too, and wishing I had time for Sherlock. That coconut loose-leaf tea sounds divine. And moist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally laughed out loud over the "moist" thing. Well, that got everyone's attention this morning! I love the little old lady cheering you on. How great is that? Serendipity is such a wonderful thing. Like little reminders that you're totally on the right track. Here's to more serendipity in the coming week, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You crack me up, Jessie! So glad you're getting some serendipity love thrown your way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay for sweet old ladies! glad you had better luck with them this week. And moist is such a disgusting word. I love serendipity, both in life and the movie with John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and little old ladies!

    Also your "moist" critique made me laugh out loud. I'm not sure if I'm delighted you made it up or disapointed you aren't actually critiquing it. To funny.

    I hope you have a great week. Also, you won a copy of my ARC in the giveaway I was having last week. I sent you an email about it on Sunday, but still need your address so I know where to mail it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so funny! Thanks for the giggles this morning. Good luck with the revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the marathon training. Hope everything goes well with your revisions. I watch Downtown Abby, not sure about this current season.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't watched any of this season's Downton yet, but I've been hearing mixed things so I'm not in a rush to start. Good luck with your revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  16. An agency retreat talent show? That sounds interesting. Good luck on figuring that out :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cheering little old lady just made my day (as I'm sure she did yours). I hope I'm awesome like that one day.
    Good luck on your talent show! I mean, your book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ugh. I need to be running. Last year this time, I was running at least 4 times a week. But we still have this dang Polar Vortex on, and it's -20 degrees out there. And today the hotel was booked for Major Vacation - thankfully not till the end of summer - but I want to get out and e-x-c-e-r-c-s-i-s-e!

    ReplyDelete