Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014
  • __***__ lbs. over/under Goal Weight (coming soon...)
  • 1625     Calories Consumed Yesterday (none of which were exciting calories to consume)
  • __3__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (I consider it a huge success that I didn't break down and ask my neighbor up the street for some "special ingredient brownies"... so yeah)
  • __1 hr   Spent Writing (procrastinating comes so much easier to me)
  • _1__Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (turkey burgers with fresh tomatoes, avocado, spinach, and cheese on a thinwhich bun...holla'!)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.

WHAT I'M READING- more manuscripts of friends. Last night I read the first page of a friend's first novel ever written, and it was soo good! I made the mistake of drinking some water as I read, and said water ended up all over the mirror when I laughed so hard that it came spraying out of my mouth like a geyser. It was right about the time the word "wet" was used, and it wasn't referring to any water in anyone's mouth... if ya' catch my drift ;)

WHAT I'M WRITING- Media kits, extra blog posts, and a bunch of other crap.

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Music. I loved watching the Grammy's this weekend, and seeing another local Las Vegas band, Imagine Dragons, winning for Best Rock Performance. Those dudes are rad. So are The Killers, amiright?
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • I finally pulled the trigger on buying a new writing computer. My MacBook is a six-year-old dinosaur now, and the battery life is quite ridiculous, the keys are sticky from much candy and Coke abuse, and it weighs half a ton. Therefore, after a bit of research and a good recommendation, the result is....a Windows Surface Pro. It's lightweight, fits in my purse, awesome battery life, backlit keypad, touchscreen tablet when I want it, comes with Microsoft Office preinstalled, everything I wanted. Let's see if it magically writes literary magic...
  • Only four days until the half marathon in Huntington Beach, California. I'm thinking about getting a tattoo afterward, a big 13.l on my arm. JUST KIDDING! Haha
  • My début KILLING RUBY ROSE, is now available for pre-order here! Also, the pub date been moved up to May 1, 2014 so mark your calendars. 
That is all. What's up with you?

Jessie,
With a Shot At The Night

19 comments:

  1. Hope the new computer works out really well :D

    At least the water didn't go over the new laptop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Killing Ruby Rose moving up the calendar. Must be fun reading all kinds of manuscripts, especially when they give you a good laugh. You are so busy, where do you find the time to blog. Glad you do anyway. What's up with me? Well I have a cover reveal next month, first novella comes in March, plan to send Circa out to agents some point next year...so stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting a new computer! My laptop needs to be permanently plugged in since the battery is cactus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya

    I love getting a new laptop. Can't wait till i get mine. I also want to get more into Beta reading for people. I have once before and her books going to come out sometime this year. Very exciting stuff.

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek! Congrats on getting the pub date moved up. EXCITING!!! Also, yay for new computers. I got a new laptop and it's the bee's knees. (I have no idea why I just used that expression.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New laptops are awesome! I got one for Christmas and it has made a huge difference in my writing. Congrats on your book coming out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Imagine Dragons so much! That performance at the Grammy's was totally different, but I think it worked. Congrats on the bumped up pub date. So exciting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's so exciting that you can pre-order Killing Ruby Rose! And I love The Killers and Imagine Dragons, they're so awesome! Buying a new computer is always exciting,and a little daunting (for me).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for new computers! Congrats on your book date being moved up, too - so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Calendar marked! A backlit keyboard...I want that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. May 1! Right after the insanity of the A to Z Challenge. Good timing and congratulations.
    A bunch of other crap - that made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your coming release!

    I'm thinking of getting a new computer too, as my laptop is six years old now. I'd love to go back to a desktop, though I love the convenience of being able to write and research at the library or take digital notes in class. I'm still hoping to someday buy back my first two computers so I can finally type in MacWriteII and ClarisWorks again and not have distractions from the Internet as I write.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I told myself I'd buy myself a new computer with my first advance check (once I get an agent, a publisher, etc.). I'm not sure if that'll happen since I'm sure there will be other demands for that money. But it's good to reward yourself--especially when you have a book coming out in a few months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've only watched the first 30 mins or so of the Grammy's so far but I've heard that Imagine Dragons killed it. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Missed the Grammy's but I love Imagine Dragons. Several of their songs are on my WIP playlist, especially Demons, so that's awesome they won for Best Rock Performance.

    I'm jealous of your new computer (but in a happy-for-you way, of course). Mine just keeps getting slower and slower. It's old and needs periodic naps or something.

    That's very cool your book is now available for pre-order! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had that many calories yesterday...in my coffee. Starbucks sounded really good :D

    A new computer sounds so nice right now *cue college budget crushing all hopes and dreams*

    Good luck with the marathon! The most I've ever done is a 10 miler. One day I'll have the courage to try a half :)

    Writing Through College

    ReplyDelete
  17. I missed the Grammys, but I'm so happy that Imagine Dragons won! Their songs Radioactive and Bleeding Out are two of my favorite songs. I could listen to them on repeat and never get sick of them (yet). I really, really love Bleeding Out. I also love The Killers. Panic! of the Disco was from Las Vegas, right? I loved them.

    Anyway! Going from a Mac to a Surface seems like a big change. Hope you like it :)
    I work on a PC during the day at work and own a Mac and it can slip me up a lot since their short cut keys are different.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhhh, the Killers. I love them so much. Brandon Flowers is just great.
    I'm excited to see how you like the Surface Pro. I want one so bad. The Surface Pro II can have programs installed on it, like Scrivener. I drool every time I see one. Hah!
    How exciting that your book is available for pre-order!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete