Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.
Thursday January 2, 2014
- __5.6__ lbs. over/under Goal Weight (running 4 miles on the beach only earned me a .4 loss!? Mother F*$%;!)
- _1250 Calories Consumed Yesterday (back on track--except for the two spoonfuls of daughter's strawberry-Oreo milkshake)
- __3__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (marked improvement)
- __0__ Minutes Spent Writing (Rose Bowl, baby!)
- __0__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (Still on vacay!)
This is where I post a QUICK WRITING TIP. A writing skill everyone should know. Whether it be technical or creative, useful or not, I'm gonna give it to you! You're gonna be humming the lyrics to "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus (maybe even straddling or licking strange objects):
Everyone has a time of day where they are at their creative best. Alternately, we will also have times of day when we are at our physical, emotional, mental best. For me:
- Early mornings- best for writing (my brain cells have been replenished and it's quiet);
- Late morning- best for working out (after sitting on my arse for 2-3 hours I need to move);
- Early afternoon- best for other kinds of work that require mental focus (like suing people, paying bills, answering emails, etc.)
- Late afternoon- best for running errands, cleaning house, or other mindless tasks;
- Early evening- best for spending time with family, making dinner, and not doing much else because I'm starting to slip into zombie mode.
- Late evening- best for nothing! I'm usually depleted of all my creative, physical, emotional, mental energy. All I can muster past 9:00 pm is to read or watch an episode of The Walking Dead on DVR and spooning.
Jessie With A Shot At The Night