Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Critique Tuesday: National Book Review Day

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (Winter Olympics at night, "twizzling" during ice skating--which sadly does not include licorice, road trip conversations getting all kinds of deep)
  •  1850     Calories Consumed Yesterday (Chick-fil-A is such a treat for us Nevadans--apparently our State is too wicked for the family-owned company with traditional values so we have to go out of state to have a delicious fried chicken sandwich!)
  • __3__ Units of Caffeinated (snuck in a diet Dr. Pepper into the Lego movie today...naughty.)
  • __0   Minutes Spent Writing (day with family + traveling = nada)
  • _0___  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (double nada)
Critique Tuesday: 

Today I am declaring a "National Book Review Day." (I've Googled the term and so far as I can tell, nothing exists quite like this).

What this means is that I am going to urge, persuade, virtually hypnotize, blackmail, and guilt-trip you into going to Goodreads or Amazon right now and writing a review for the book(s) that you most recently read and loved. You should do this now because:


  • It's the right thing to do (this is me urging you).
  • All your dreams will come true if you do this (persuasion).
  • Look into my virtual eyes and in four...three...two...one... you will click on the hyperlinks above, search for your favorite books(s), and write a pithy review (hypnotization). 
  • If you don't, I will tell the world the one secret you've been holding onto for years--you know what I'm referring to, don't you? (blackmail)
  • Should you be too lazy to click a few links and tap a few keys, you won't be able to live with yourself (guilt-trip).

It's not necessary to "critique" on these reviews, though if that's what you want to do in order to be "true to yourself" or whatever crap you tell yourself to sleep at night (people can be so mean when it comes to book reviews), it's only necessary that you do it. You don't know how much these reviews help an author in terms of algorithms and rankings and whatnot.

Today, I am going to set some time aside to write a review for Elana Johnson's new book pubbing today called ELEVATED.


What book(s) are you going to write a review for today? Huh, huh, huh?

Love,
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

4 comments:

  1. So true about the reviews. I try to review some of the books I read but sadly don't review them all. So excited for Elana's book release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heading over to review a few of my faves.Don't tell my secret!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I review books weekly so I feel safe. If you tried this is December I would feel more guilty But cool idea Jessie. Authors need book reviews. Plus I think I revealed my secret in my Getting Personal post today anyway. Now try that bit of persuasion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just put up a few reviews too! I haven't been as adamant about including reviews along with my star ratings on Goodreads. I used to cross post to Amazon but I don't anymore because of their stricter guidelines (unless I bought the book on Amazon but I rarely do since I own a Nook).

    ReplyDelete