Friday, February 28, 2014

Finally Friday: Exciting Things

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Friday, February 28, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (neighbors who let me scrounge off them for dinner, a clean house, sleeping with the window open--nobody come break in and pull an Edward Cullen on me while I'm sleeping please)
  • _2__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (huzzah! and one of them was an electrolyte orange smoothie with a little oomph)
  • __0 hrs_ Spent Writing (but 5 hours of long-overdue house cleaning which was the suckiest of all suck-A uses of time ever...but yes necessary so I don't get put on an episode of Hoarders)
  • _1__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (Micky Mouse chicken nuggets might not be a culinary masterpiece but the kids sure delight in them)
According to the Chinese Zodiac, 2014 is the:
 YEAR OF THE HORSE


And guess who happens to be a horse? This gal! (Picture me with thumbs extended pointing at my horse-face). This only happens once every 12 years, so you better believe that I am going to be soaking up all the zodiac-induced-excitement.

So here are some exciting things to report:

  • My step-daughter Kenzie is coming into town today and I absolutely love spending time with her. We binge-watch Doctor Who and Sherlock, we drink root beer, and we hang out more like sisters than the whole overplayed evil stepmother/red headed stepdaughter thing. 
  • I hired an amazing photographer/filmmaker out of L.A. to create a trailer for KILLING RUBY ROSE: J.J. Huckin. You MUST check out this link to see a sample of his work. He is so unbelievably talented.
  • I have a cover for my book! (This probably should have come first). I've officially received the real-life, shockingly beautiful cover art for KRR. It's dark, edgy, sexy...well, maybe not sexy. There's no heaving bosoms or shredded abs, but there's some sass fo' sho'. I'll be doing a special reveal and giveaway next week.
  • I've acquired a "Creative Director" to help me with all the activities connected with my book launch and coordinate with Downtown Projects: Meleah Anderson Smith--the most artistically creative and imaginative person I've ever met. She's a Las Vegas Academy graduate (the only high school in Vegas that focuses on the arts), she's a school teacher and sign language interpreter, and has more hipster street cred than I could possibly hope for. 
  • I've reached out to an awesome Las Vegas-based band called A Crowd of Small Adventures and asked them to write an original KRR song and to play it at my book launch extravaganza, and guess what they said? They said, "Horse-face, it looks like it's your year...yes." (That might not be a direct quote). I can't even wrap my brain around the awesomeness of this situation. Here's one of their videos:


There's seriously so much more to be excited about, but I'll stop there for now. 

What's exciting in your world? And where did this month go?

Love, 
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

14 comments:

  1. Dang. I think I need to hire you as my book launch lady extraordinaire. So cool. And I can't wait to see that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay when is your book launch again? i want to go sooo bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That guy's film stuff is pretty dang cool. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making me tired just reading this. :) You are going to have an AMAZING year! Can't wait to watch it unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much awesome news! WOW and congrats, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOO HOO!!!!!! If you need help with your cover reveal, let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So super excited for all of these! I was thinking about your cover this morning and now I can't wait to see it! Yay for kicking butt Jessie! Enjoy your weekend with Kenzie and Dr Who!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So super excited for all of these! I was thinking about your cover this morning and now I can't wait to see it! Yay for kicking butt Jessie! Enjoy your weekend with Kenzie and Dr Who!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, this is amazing. All of it. Can't wait to see the cover...and the trailer...and hear the SONG! Love, your 35-year old red-headed stepchild look alike. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jessie, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is incredible! Can't wait to see the cover and the trailer. Did they give you any say on the cover? Things are really happening--so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations with your cover. Good luck with the launch.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No abs!!!! Oh no! lol Can't wait to see the cover and the trailer.

    I need to do a major cleaning of my house too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eeee!!!! Stoked to see the cover! What a feeling. So proud of you! And I love the opening updates. Makes you seem so... normal, lol... not just some blonde beauty god who has it all perfectly together. (Or maybe you do! You have the blond babe part down) :)

    ReplyDelete