Friday, February 21, 2014

Finally Friday: Getting Giffy

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Friday, February 14, 2014
  • __2__ Gratitudes (local writing friends, catching up on DVR'd TV shows) and   1  Grumble (USA Women's Hockey Team came sooo close to Gold)
  • 1250     Calories Consumed Yesterday (watched part of an episode of the Doctors and got excited about Greek yogurt...if "excited" is the right word)
  • _3__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (drank some raw barley today--tasted like horse throw-up--but got a burst of energy)
  • __1 hrs_ Spent Writing (and another hour learning craft from screenwriting legend Michael Hauge at the Las Vegas Writer's Group)
  • _1__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (I bought some hella good oranges from Costco and made some delicious fresh squeezed OJ for the kids)
As a debut author, I feel immense pressure to master social media. But its so hard to keep up with them all:

  • Blogging
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Snapchat
  • Goodreads 
  • Eatcrapanddie.com
There's just so much to do and so little time to do it--those children don't feed and clothe themselves! Yet.

But here's the thing: Each of these different social media platforms appeal to a slightly different audience. 
  • Bloggers be all:

  • Facebookers be all:

  • Tweeters be all:

  • Tumblers be all:

  • Instagrammers be all:

  • Pinterestwhores be all:

  • Snapchatters be all:

  • Goodreaders be all:

  • Eatcrapanddiers be all:

Every single one of these platforms has a slightly different audience and purpose. I still have no idea who my audience is or what my purpose is. So I'm all:


#whatevs ;)

What's your favorite social media platform?

Love, 
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

6 comments:

  1. Twitter is my fav. Hashtags FTW! And also, I love the convos I can have with people there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like G+. It's so easy to combine with blogging and youtube, plus you get the gif effects and easy sharing of tumbler. Yeah, I'm on there a little too much lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahahahaha! FB is easiest for me. I love blogging, but hate the time it takes. I wish I rocked at them all! Or at least FB, blogging, twitter, and tumblr....

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favs are twitter and Facebook. Both give me plenty of opportunities to chat with my readers and fellow writerly peeps. =)

    And, seriously, you eat 1500 calories a day? Is that right? Don't you work out? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. My recommendation would be to get an account on all of them and then just see what you end up using after a month. Twitter is my favorite, although I would definitely get a FB page if I was going to be published anytime soon. Tumblr is a lot of fun for fandoms, so if you have a show you like, you can geek out about it with other fans. Your Tumblr can also be flavored a bit like your book. Beth Revis, for instance, writes sci-fi, so she's always posting cool science articles and pictures. I've made the best friends on Youtube though. It takes a bit of work, and I'm not very consistent, but when you meet people on Youtube you can really get to know them. The Booktube community is especially friendly and supportive, and it can help you get to know your audience. I have an instagram but I eat my food too fast to take pictures so I never use it.

    ReplyDelete