Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014
  • __***__ lbs. over/under Goal Weight (apparently inflammation and water retention after a big race can cause superficial weight gain. "apparently")
  • 1450     Calories Consumed Yesterday (met some friends at a Downtown restaurant called Le Thai, which was Le bomb!)
  • __5__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (what? I was thirsty)
  • __2 hrs   Spent Writing (and intermittently staring into space)
  • _1__Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (too busy for cookin'...or at least that's what I told the family as I went out to dinner with friends ;)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.

WHAT I'M READING- A New Adult manuscript that is blowing my mind! When I read it, I find myself sweating from the pits. And other unmentionable areas.

WHAT I'M WRITING- Book launch proposals, "minutes" for my Amazon/Skyscape pub sisters' teleconference (haha, I guess that makes me the Secretary of our foursome), submission forms for conferences, and emails organizing events.

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Hot tubs. Seriously, hot, hot, hot water makes me so happy when it's cold outside, and/or my body hurts from unnatural punishment such as running long distances.
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • I ran my half-marathon in Huntington Beach, CA on Sunday. I am a ridiculously slow runner (2:25) with a pathetically small bladder (had to take four potty breaks), but I finished and it felt great. There some hip cramps around mile 7, and a painful stitch around mile 10, but I finished strong, and there are no words to describe how amazing it felt to have all those people cheering for me on the last mile.
  • I bought myself some Happy Marathon shoes for a reward: Tom's Red and White Polka Dot Linen Woven Wedge Heels. (Not going to be running anywhere in these puppies)
  • I leave tomorrow for Orlando, where I will be attending my agency retreat (Greenhouse Literary Agency) and meeting my agent Sarah Davies. It is going to be uh.maze.balls. I get to meet dozens of awesome authors, mostly from my agency, but also other Florida-based authors I've met through the debut group the OneFours. I'm going to be singing the Dirty Dancing song, "Time of My Life" and then I'm going to run into the ocean where Patrick Schwayze's ghost will be waiting to lift me in the air and call me "Baby." Or not. We will probably just hang out, enjoy the awesomeness, and go to Disneyworld.
That is all. What's up with you?

Jessie,
With a Shot At The Night

23 comments:

  1. Have an amazing time at the retreat and congrats on running the half marathon! :D Hope it's a brilliant week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new shoes. Definitely not running shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shoes are GORGEOUS! (and wow, congrats on running the half marathon! :-)) and....now I'm super curious to know what NA book you're reading :-) Have fun at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "When I read it, I find myself sweating from the pits. And other unmentionable areas." <--- Best book endorsement ever!

    Congrats on finishing your half (awesome!) and I LOVE the new shoes. Perfect for Orlando, where I'm sure you'll have tons of fun. I hope you'll tell us all about it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shoes, and congrats on the race. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing your marathon! I can just imagine how good that cheering on the last mile must have felt!

    And I hope you have tons of fun at the Retreat. If Patrick Schwayze ISN'T waiting for you in the ocean, I'd ask for a refund. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done for completing a half-marathon, Jessie. The shoes are well deserved. :) Have a wonderful time at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shoes, and congrats on the marathon! That is a HUGE accomplishment. Doesn't matter what your time was; you did it and finished. Think how many people will never even try. (I for one, hate running, but I can bike the distance!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that agency retreat sounds like a dream come true! i hope it's a blast (how could it not be??)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous shoes and good luck with the writing and the running. Your trip to Orlando sounds amazing! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the half marathon. That is a huge accomplishment. And yay for hot tubes when you're done. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun on your retreat. Hot tubs are amazing for aching muscles, and water in general does wonders for physical therapy. To this day, the only place I can safely jump on both feet is in the water. On land, I'd hurt my right ankle if I tried that, because of the metal hardware in it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to go on that half marathon! I'm married to a marathon runner, but I prefer not to join him. My spot is cheering at the finish line. Hope you have an incredible time at your agency retreat! A perfect excuse to wear your new shoes! (I adore Toms by the way, although I didn't realize they have wedge heels now. Hmm...)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too am a slow runner. I know I can run for an hour, but I have ZERO idea how far I go, nor do i care b/c I'm obsessively competitive w/ myself and would end up killing my knees, lol. SUPER stoked and proud of you for the half marathon. Seriously. Awesome. And also? I buy shoes for a treat for EVERYTHING. I can even point to which shoes go w/ which book... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh i love your shoes. Have a awesome week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those shoes are so you! And just know that I'm going to be jealous every second that you're in Florida. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, those are cute shoes! And congrats on finishing your half-marathon :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are really great shoes!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh those shoes are nice! There's nothing better than a good soak in a hot tub :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have an amazing time in Orlando! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those shoes are adorable!!!! And congrats on the race!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good for you for getting through a half marathon! You definitely deserve those super awesome shoes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That Greenhouse agency retreat sounds like a great thing for a lit agency to do. I think I'll, um, suggest that to my agency!

    You are a BOSS when it comes to running. Wow. Admirable.

    ReplyDelete