Wednesday, February 12, 2014
- __3__ Gratitudes (sunshine, stretchy pants, and chocolate covered cinnamon bears)
- 1450 Calories Consumed Yesterday (starting the day off with 1.5 Kristy Kreme donuts is not the right way to start the day, but coming back from out of town to an avalanche of mail, responsibilities, and an empty fridge syndrome is also not the right way to start the week)
- __3__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (Mommy needs a Big Gulp)
- __1.5 hrs Spent Writing (this was a miracle considering the avalanche mentioned above )
- _1___ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (I felt like Jack Black in Nacho Libre making soup for all the orphans with "no fresh ingredients" wherein they whine about having "diarrhea since Easters")
WHAT I'M READING- An ARC of THE PROMISE OF AMAZING by Robin Constantine. It's living up to the promise :)
WHAT I'M WRITING-
After a much needed kick-in-the-pants, provided by John Cusicks’ inspiring speech at the Greenhouse Literary Agency Writers Retreat this last weekend (read all about it here), wherein he stressed the schedule of writing and making it a priority, I’ve started writing again. For many weeks I’ve been focusing so much on revisions, cover art, marketing, book launch promo, critiquing for friends, building my social media platform, blogging, travel plans, and other totally legit writerly things that I fully stopped writing new words. My NaNo project has been lingering in 80% finished mode since November, begging me to come back. Well, I’m back. I’ve returned to my French contemporary world and I’m tres contente for that.
WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
- Other authors. Whether old or new, jaded or bright-eyed, there’s some gem to glean from each one. In the last week, I’ve met nearly 60! Most from my agency’s retreat, but I also got to meet up with a bunch of authors from the debut group that I am a part of called The One Fours.
Just got back from Orlando on Monday and will be leaving for Utah tomorrow for another author event: The LTUE Writers Conference (Life, The Universe, and Everything) which is a fabulous conference full panels, classes, and general schmoozinness. It’s inexpensive, educational, and fun! And maybe a bit stinky because of narrow hallways and a large population sword-yielding fantasy warriors…but whatev. There will be no laying out pool-side in Provo, but maybe some fireplace writing time.
What's up with you?
Jessie With A Shot At The Night