Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
- __3__ Gratitudes (running into friends at random places--Costco and Barnes&Noble, winter Olympic fever, and The Killers playlist I listen to so much that my I hear my kids singing the lyrics throughout the day)
- 900 Calories Consumed Yesterday (I was too laser-focused on tasks today to bother with basic human nourishment)
- __3__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (a 5-hour Energy drink might have been experimented with...)
- __30 min Spent Writing (with my debut book launch looming, it feels like there's endless amounts of non-writing work to do!)
- _1___ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (yes, I had time to whip up a chicken, sweet potatoes, and broccoli dinner for the family before I flew out the door to go have my writing night that turned into a reading night)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.
WHAT I'M READING-GILDED, by Christina Farley (or re-reading parts of it because I am so excited about her free excerpt and trailer that premiered yesterday). Check out the trailer here. Fun fact: If you are an Amazon Prime member, you can get this book for free here! (As a Prime Member, you are allowed one free download choice from a set of four carefully selected books per month--the other three are discounted).
WHAT I'M WRITING-
Another (and hopefully final) round of copyedits for KILLING RUBY ROSE.
WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
- Creative energy. The more you search for it, desire after it, indulge in it...the more it comes to you. Seriously, there is nearly unlimited potential to our creativity if we allow it into our hearts and minds. I know, I know, this sounds very gooey, but it's true!
- Great writing. Having just finished The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine, Gilded by Christina Farley, and other recent reads...gosh, I realize I still have much to aspire to. So much talent amongst us!
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
- Things are really starting to come together for my grandiose book launch plans. If you didn't catch my blog post on Monday (read all about it here), things are looking good for Brandon Flowers, lead singer of The Killers, to perform/appear at my book launch festivities. Another FUN FACT: I am obsessed with the number 11. I see it everywhere and attribute it to some gooey-positive-luck-thing. Just realized TODAY that The Killers sent out a Morse Code tweet on September 11, 2013 (my birthday and another reason I'm superstitious about the number 11) announcing their new song "Shot At The Night," which has been my personal theme since January 1st!!!!! Cray-cray?????!!!!!
- I've got some really great partnership plans in the works with my local school district to create a fund to bring more national authors to Vegas for school visits.
- An hour after my carpool round this morning I realized that I had my shirt on inside-out. Klassicly Klassy!
What's up with you?
Jessie With A (Pretty Good) Shot At The Night