Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (pizookies, busy days, warm beds)
  • 1950     Calories Consumed Yesterday (at least 1,000 pizookie calories)
  • __3__ Units of Caffeinated (spread out over much-needed intervals--it's what I like to call "interval training")
  • __0 min  Spent Writing (unless you count beautifully drafted emails)
  • _0___  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (you know it's an epic mother Fail when the kids eat at Chuck E. Cheese with grandma)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.



WHAT I'M READING-I don't think that I've picked up a book this week. Gah! That's sad :(

WHAT I'M WRITING- Proposals, business plans, lists, lists, and more lists. 

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Creative-types. I want to be around them all the time right now. They see things that I don't. They dream bigger than I do. They are vibrant and dynamic and beautiful people. Thank you to all my creatives that are rocking my world.
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • Last night I went to Barnes & Noble for an author event wherein Lindsey Leavitt, Tera Lynn Childs, Brodi Ashton, and Robin Mellom charmed the pants off everyone. Well, not literally. Afterward we went to BJ's and had ourselves some of the aforementioned pizookies. Good times.
  • Today I am being interviewed by blog genius David Powers King and officially becoming a Knight of the Cosmic Table. Check it out. If you don't know DPK, you should! 


What's up with you?

Love,
Jessie With A (Very Close) Shot At The Night

16 comments:

  1. Good luck with all those lists!

    Oooh, going to an author event must be so much fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be on the look out for the interview and congrats on being knighted Jessie. Creativity is a beautiful thing. Buzz busy bee, buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on becoming a Knight on David's blog. Hope you get to start reading again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of lists! It is sad that you haven't picked up a book this week, I hope you have time next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you didn't get much reading and creative writing done this week, Jessie--hopefully next week will be better. At least you had what sounds like a fun and awesome author event. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Author events sound so much fun! Hope you find time for reading/writing soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And it's live!

    Sometimes we don't always get to do we want to do when we want to do it, but that makes doing what we want to do when we want to do it all the more rewarding. That makes sense, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that line-up for the author event is awesome! I would have loved to be there. Hope you get some reading and writing time this upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know exactly what you mean about Creative Types. Love seeing the world through their eyes. I'm always on the lookout for people like that to add into my life, in real space or online. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Jessie! Was commenting using my iPad at David's, so wanted to stop by here when I had a chance and welcome you to the Cosmic Knights. And to let you know that Mark's antics do not represent the rest of us. Well, maybe they do...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only ever been to one author event (Maggie Stiefvater = awesome), not including SCBWI, but I'd love to go to more. It's so great getting to see your favourites authors in real life. Sadly, they don't make it to my part of Canada all that often. Glad you had a good time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun author line up at that B&N event. I've seen a few of those writers at conferences and events in the past and they are super entertaining live.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never been to an author event. One day I hope to. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like an amazing author event! I haven't been to any, but I really should start looking into more of them in my area. I hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a love/hate relationships with lists lol Good luck with yours!
    Sounds like you had fun at B&N, nice!
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm... Pizookies. Yum! Hope you find some time for reading soon, Jessie. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete