Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Critique Tuesday: Critquing Oneself

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (Bingo even though I didn't win, the old ladies at Bingo who cussed at us for having too much fun, my bff Erin Summerill for always making things interesting)
  • __3__ Units of Caffeinated (we went to the Golden Nugget buffet where my glass was never empty...so I think it was 3)
  • __90   Minutes Spent Writing (got up at 5:45 a.m. to go write at Starbucks, but because of evil daylight savings, it was really 4:45 and therefore was a bit of a zombie)
  • _0___  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (I told the kids, "eat as much as you can because this is your lunch and dinner." And then we ate stolen cookies from the buffet for dinner...cuz' I'm klassy like that.)
Critique Tuesday: 

Today I am critiquing myself. Taking a hard look in the mirror. Confronting my writing demons and social media weaknesses, which are:

TUMBLR, TWITTER, PINTEREST, & YOUTUBE!!!

I was told by a friend of a friend, who knew a dude, who also knew some stuff about this kind of junk. And the friend of a friend's dude friend said, "The most effective way to sell any product right now is PINTEREST."

Huh, what? Seriously?


Also, the kids and teens are on Tumblr. The industry pros are on Twitter. And something meaningful happens on YouTube as well ;/ So I have vowed to get on Pinterest and pin the crap out of stuff. Check out my Ruby Rose board here.

I've also vowed to do more video blogs and upload them to Youtube. Don't bother checking out any links on that quite yet since I have two measly video posts.

And I just happened to reblog a really cool post on Tumblr...BOOM! Check it out here.

Basically, there are so many ways to reach different kinds of consumers/colleagues/friends/readers, etc.

Have you mastered any of these powerful social media platforms?

Love,
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

2 comments:

  1. I've done the opposite of mastering all of those platforms. Does that count for anything? ;) No, really. It's been on my to-do list to master those for quite a while. Someday soooon, I'm sure I will. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I've only got the blog, and I joined Twitter a few months ago. I'm interested in seeing your video blog, though the chances of me doing my own video blog are highly unlikely. Then I wouldn't be anonymous anymore, because people would see my face, unless I did one of those things where they disguise the person's face and voice (but THAT would be weird).

    ReplyDelete